Discuss Work related injuries in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone suffer from blisters caused by uncomfortable safety shoes? if so I have the idea cure, I was working on a job it was a while ago now, but the thread about the itsy bitsy cut finger made me think (lol), any how got this almighty blister on my big toe from wearing crappy toe tectors, got changed after work went to the embassy club for some 1664 to ease the pain. Got talking to this Squadie, who was ex SFs "whats up Pete " he asked showed him my pride and joy on the end of me foot, "got just the thing for that trust me" he said so like a prat I did, he gave me some rubbing alcohol, several 1664s later, not feeling much pain by now, back to the hotel, passed as a firt, takes me shoes off and there it is in all it's glory, the Shquadie told me to burst the blister pull the skin off and whack some of the gear he gave me on me toe, never sobered as quick as that before, jeez did that sting, but blister cured no probs. Anyone else got any sob stories

spirits are for drinking. philistine.

Big girls blouse comes to mind!!!!... MAN UP!

I suffered from ingrowing toenails now that a painful condition rated up their with the worst... was going away no time for doc's or anything so pair pliers and ripped the whole nail of... the pain from that was nothing compared to the pain i was in, when it came off a 10mm spur of the edge on my nail had grown into my toe... whenever i get them now which is rare I just do the same with no thought. :6:

My brother used to do the New Orleans to Leningrad grain run when he was going to sea. There was a young lady in Russia who's company he used to enjoy until one time she gave him a dose of Sandy McNabs.
Now Steve was to shy to go to the doctor or the "special clinic" and so decided to try a remedy one of his seagoing mates told him about. He shaved his bits and applied a generous dose of spray on Ralgex.
By crikey he yelped. It worked though

once the ingrowing nail starts, get your snips on it, bend it up and cut it. no pain, no problem.

Had a paper cut once that did hurt, lots of blood for about 2 sec's, when they the leg came off had a itchy foot for a long time but they would not let me take it home so could not itch it,

I should also add that he sprayed other areas where the sun don't shine as well. Apparently that bit gave the most excruciating pain as the Ralgex took effect.

Then there's the one about poor Jimmy who was ran over by a steam roller......
Doctor comes into the ward to see him.
"Do you want the bad news or the good news?" Says the doc.
Jimmy says "I'll have the bad news first."
Doc says " I'm afraid we're going to have to amputate both your legs!"
Jimmy was shocked and couldn't seem to come to terms with it. After he finally calmed down, he asks the doc "ok, so tell me the good news."
To which the doc replies
"the guy in the ward beside you wants to buy you're slippers!" :)

That reminds me of a job I went to a few years ago
Elderly gent no legs lost them in the retreat to Dunkirk , woke up in hospital 2 weeks later no idea what happened
Little nurse comes up and says "Do you want the good news or the bad"?

He said
"I'll have the good news first please"
She paused and said "You'll never get arthritis in your knees"........
The bad news was he'd had both legs run over by a German tank and had the remainder amputated just below his hips,he said he had no regrets whatsoever about his life and wouldn't change a thing
Can't imagine many people nowadays having that attitude after something like that!

Btw he married the nurse and she was still with him that day 60 odd years later!

Fill the boots with wonder gel that'll make them comfortable , wont be able to get your boots off mind , on work related injuries i used a scaffold to clip a csble 4 clips and slipped getting off it landed on the piece of metal that hols the planks on 10mm away from the top of the trogan nearly had to rename myself nicola 5 stitches later and walking like a cowboy for a week ,should have stuck to the step ladder

once the ingrowing nail starts, get your snips on it, bend it up and cut it. no pain, no problem.
Thats OK if you can get to it ... mine grew in from the base at the back of the nail not at the edges near the front like most... yes I wish it was that simple.

Only thing that works with blisters is a thin pair and a thick pair of socks
To deal with them get a needle pop squeeze and put bandage tape on them ...
I was in the Royal Marines and we got blisters like tomatoes and tried everything but this was the only useful method!
Except for buying some better boots!

My boss was using a nail gun once, and accidentally nailed his wee finger to a joist! He had to pull it out of the joist and then on to hospital to get the nail out!

That reminds me of a job I went to a few years ago
Elderly gent no legs lost them in the retreat to Dunkirk , woke up in hospital 2 weeks later no idea what happened
Little nurse comes up and says "Do you want the good news or the bad"?

He said
"I'll have the good news first please"
She paused and said "You'll never get arthritis in your knees"........
The bad news was he'd had both legs run over by a German tank and had the remainder amputated just below his hips,he said he had no regrets whatsoever about his life and wouldn't change a thing
Can't imagine many people nowadays having that attitude after something like that!

Btw he married the nurse and she was still with him that day 60 odd years later!

NICE ONE pity there ain't more people like those two about today, chokes you up that one does

Reply to Work related injuries in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock