Discuss Working at height.......... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Just a thought, if the meter is in the basement then can you take the supply from the basement by splitting the sub main with a small dB?

No working at height required.

If that’s not possible then mewp is how I would be doing it. Are you trained for the type of access equipment required?
If not then pass the job up. Not worth hurting yourself.

In the ground?

Swa on outside of high building?
What’s the derating factor if someone later comes along and clads the outside of the building in insulating panels

I concur with others here. If it can’t be done safely, then it can’t be done

Seriously, cladding a grade 1 listed building?

I'm all for thinking of possible eventualities but try to keep one foot in reality.

a self-levelling scissor lift or a cherry picker essential.

we'd better stop this banter or members will be telling us to get a room. :eek::eek::eek:.

thanks for the replies not had a chance to reply yet, been busy shopping in IKEA with the girlfriend!
The charger will be installed in the parking space he owns down below the back of the building, you enter his flat at ground level at the front but due to the ground falling away there are another 2 floors by time you get to the back. so ground level at front is 3rd floor at back. The property has high ceilings and is grade 1 listed Georgian. hence the quite significant heights.
the charger will be installed out back. earth rod going in ground by parking space.
Have fitted them around there for sheds/summer houses and get quite good readings. as ground is surprisingly soft with a park across the back road.
I have spoken to a local scaffold firm who said they can put up some for me as I would only want it for say 72 hours. getting anything else in to the courtyard such as platforms and mobile access kit would be problematic as you have to go down 5 steps into the courtyard below. its scaffold or tower only. will get a quote this week for it.
i agree with the sentiment though that I aint going 30 foot up a ladder holding swa or HO7 in one hand and trying to clip it with the other.

Just a thought, if the meter is in the basement then can you take the supply from the basement by splitting the sub main with a small dB?.
The main intake is in the 1st basement level that is to side of the building in close to front, flat has its own 100amp fuse (confirmed by paperwork from dno next to cutout) the building is an L shape end of a Georgian terrace, there is no realistic way to get a feed from the meter room to the back short of clipping a nice black cable along the side of one of baths most famous streets and up and over one of the side entrances. its a non starter. Anybody who knows Bath the proposed job is on Great Pulteney Street - its rather grand and expensive!!
Working at height.......... {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

How can you do it off ladders?

3 points of contact and only to be used for access?

I'm not the h&s police but that wouldn't be the right way to go about it. At the very least you'd still need a reliable labourer to pay to foot your ladders.

Can you not price in a boom lift?

Reply to Working at height.......... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock