Discuss Working in Canada in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BOROROBBO

Hello all,

This is my first post so i would just like to say hello to everyone and i'm hoping in months and years to come i can give some input into the forum and have some good banter :)

Now, onto the serious stuff....... im looking at moving to Canada to live and work and I have done some research as far as the internet can take me...... it just seems theres so many companies off google that can "get me working in Canada straight away" it all seems like some kind of scam.

So, my question to you is can anyone give me a trusted website/phone number/link so i can further my search to live and work abroad?

Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Robbo

(I think i should add i am a time served electrician with all the relevant qualifications)

Last edited by a moderator:
haha thanks mate, its worth a try tomorrow if i can get hold of the number i guess. ive just heard about companies over there that will help sort your visa out aswell as help get you a job

TBH if you are thinking of living out there the embassy would be a definite as they will have lists of skill shortages etc and all the rules for emigration. If sparks are in demand you might get some sort of assist. Is that Middlesbrough you are thinking of leaving?

TBH if you are thinking of living out there the embassy would be a definite as they will have lists of skill shortages etc and all the rules for emigration. If sparks are in demand you might get some sort of assist. Is that Middlesbrough you are thinking of leaving?

yeah its middlesbrough i'll be leaving (do you blame me lol)

Hello all,

This is my first post so i would just like to say hello to everyone and i'm hoping in months and years to come i can give some input into the forum and have some good banter :)

Now, onto the serious stuff....... im looking at moving to Canada to live and work and I have done some research as far as the internet can take me...... it just seems theres so many companies off google that can "get me working in Canada straight away" it all seems like some kind of scam.

So, my question to you is can anyone give me a trusted website/phone number/link so i can further my search to live and work abroad?

Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Robbo

(I think i should add i am a time served electrician with all the relevant qualifications)

Hi Robbo.

If you scroll down this page to 'similar threads' you will see that there are several that have covered this very subject and may be of use to you, there is also a Member of this forum who is a Canadian Electrician, can't remember his name but you will find him soon enough.

He has indicated in the not too distant past that he will be helpful to anyone like you who is seeking information about living and working in Canada.
Good Luck!

I'm originally from the North East and i gather times are again tough up there for lots of people :(

Anyway best of luck with the possible Canada move.

they are mate, very tough..... i got lucky and got on for a council through an agency (wont name any names) and they seem to have enough work to keep me going for now but i know a lot of lads out of work. thanks for the well wishes :)

Hi Robbo.

If you scroll down this page to 'similar threads' you will see that there are several that have covered this very subject and may be of use to you, there is also a Member of this forum who is a Canadian Electrician, can't remember his name but you will find him soon enough.

He has indicated in the not too distant past that he will be helpful to anyone like you who is seeking information about living and working in Canada.
Good Luck!

thanks mate, i know the thread you mean where the lad has got pictures where it looks VERY cold haha [sarcasm]makes me look forward to it even more[/sarcasm]

thanks for the info :)

there is a sticky on this forum here about working in Canada may be some useful info for you or maybe try contacting the original poster
http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...rical-forum/29759-electrical-work-canada.html

just looking at it now mate, thanks for the link! ill send him a private message over :)

Hello Mate,
Im new to this forum aswell but saw your thread and thought I may be able to help you.
I've been looking into moving to canada for some time now and like yourself alot of peeps are offering the world for a price. I found www.globalvisas.com I spoke to these guys about my plans, they did a quick assessment (points system) over the phone and it turns out you need 67 points to be eligble to move over. you need assets/cash of £25000 for a family of 4 and it helps if you have family out there (big points if you have) thats it. The initial fee for these guys is £1200.00 and the process is approx 2yrs. I have spoken to a freind who is moving out there this August and his application took 2yrs aswell. Once you move you dont have to work as a sparky you can do what ever you want.

Hope this helps. where in Canada are you looking to go? If its Montreal you may want to work on your French it helps big ways.

hello mate,

thanks for the tips and link! the cash assetts thing is a problem for me.... i would be going over alone to basically start fresh by myself (sad i know but i have nothing keeping me in this country as it stands, no mortgage, no gf)

i have heard about the french thing before which surprised me as i would never have thought people over there spoke french

when you say you can do whatever you want... i would kind of like to keep in the electrical trade because i love it

as for where in canada i would like to go, im hoping to stay as south as possible (warmer the better) but thats not a deciding factor

big thanks for the help there anyway, i will look into it and let you know how i get on!

cheers

Reply to Working in Canada in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net