Discuss Working in Germany in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

matt1000000

Hi im looking for some serious advice please, im a electrician over here in england and have my part 1&2 17th edition, 2391.and pat testing qualification, Im getting married in germany next year and looking to move out there, I cant find anything on regs or anything and want to know what is needed to be able to work out there? Do we have to retrain???

Also do they pat test out there as well as i have quite a few pat testers here,

Or at a long shot does anyone know any agency looking to employ people out there, Its in the dusseldorf area.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and looking forward to getting some help on here.

cheers

matt

Hi im looking for some serious advice please, im a electrician over here in england and have my part 1&2 17th edition, 2391.and pat testing qualification, Im getting married in germany next year and looking to move out there, I cant find anything on regs or anything and want to know what is needed to be able to work out there? Do we have to retrain???

Also do they pat test out there as well as i have quite a few pat testers here,

Or at a long shot does anyone know any agency looking to employ people out there, Its in the dusseldorf area.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and looking forward to getting some help on here.

cheers

matt

Sorry, i can only help here a little i'm afraid. The Regs you will need to know, will in the main be DIN/VDE 0100. which basically covers similar areas as you will find in BS7671.

Yes they Pat Test in Germany, as they will throughout the whole of the EU. It was originally a EU directive as i remember!!

You will probably have to sit the equivalent exam for the VDE/DIN 0100 as you would the 17th Regs in the UK. You will probably also need your C&G certificates to be accessed as to the equivalent German electrician trade level.

That's about all i can tell you. The VDE/DIN standards are all available in English by the way, many of the sections can be found on the Net just need to look around and you'll find bit and bobs of them.

Good Luck!! You'll need it mate, there not the most friendliest nation to work in as a foreigner!! lol!!

Thank you,

I carry out a lot of pat testing here in uk and would carry that over in to Germany, my wife to be has lived there all her life but is English, I have had a look at the din books, they are much the same, also do you know if they have the equivalent to part p there, the area I will go down will be maintenance and repairs,

Thank you for your help and if you no anyone or anything which could help me I would very happy,

Cheers once again

Thank you,

I carry out a lot of pat testing here in uk and would carry that over in to Germany, my wife to be has lived there all her life but is English, I have had a look at the din books, they are much the same, also do you know if they have the equivalent to part p there, the area I will go down will be maintenance and repairs,

Thank you for your help and if you no anyone or anything which could help me I would very happy,

Cheers once again

Sorry, i have no idea but then, i had no idea that UK had this Part Pee crap either until i visited the forums in the UK!!! lol!!

Reply to Working in Germany in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock