Discuss working in ireland in the Ireland area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andrewcann

going to do some work in ireland for a mates brother and have a few questions.

is there a diffrent colour code out there or is it the same as over here and haveing a new meter fited but there said that they need the electican to paper work first but didnt now if i was ok to sign it off i have 2360 part 1 and 2 17th edition and 2391 any help would be great full

Mate

I believe if your going to the South you need to be registered they have 2 main bodies the big one called RECI. The regs are very similiar the colours are the same. Worth dropping RECI an email for advice.

I hope this is helpful

going to do some work in ireland for a mates brother and have a few questions.

is there a diffrent colour code out there or is it the same as over here and haveing a new meter fited but there said that they need the electican to paper work first but didnt now if i was ok to sign it off i have 2360 part 1 and 2 17th edition and 2391 any help would be great full

If you are working in the south of ireland then you can not go by BS 7671 you have to comply to the ETCI wiring regs although similar not the same.
The supply authority is the ESB and before they will energise any supply for you must hand in certificates of dead testing to them. Certificates must be issued by either a RECI approved contractor or an ECSSA approved contractor.
When the installation has been energised the live testing must be completed.

Another thing you must do in south of ireland is neutralise your supply, basically this means that you make the supply into a TNCS system by linking the main neutral to the met and installing an earth electrode connected to the met.

Reply to working in ireland in the Ireland area at ElectriciansForums.net