Discuss working on old wylex fuseboard in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecallum

Regular EF Member
Working on a kitchen alteration where i have to alter kitchen ring main,which now means i believe i must leave this circuit rcd protected,what is the best way of doing this as the cu is a old wylex rewireable fuse one,and i dont have to want to fit the new sockets in kitchen with rcd face plates,and i know the customers will not want to pay for an upgrade cu .Thanks

G

Guest55

fit a stand alone 30ma 2 pole rcd in small 2 module enclosure next to fuse board.
transfer ring legs into rcd and connect a piece of 4 or 6 mm t&e from ring fuseway to rcd.

OP
B

bluecallum

Regular EF Member
Thanks Biff,I did think that,but the problem i have there is no room in the cupboard at all

G

Guest55

I cant believe you dont have room somewhere in the meter cupboard for a unit that measures just 2"x4" ??

OP
B

bluecallum

Regular EF Member
its jam packed as it also has a cu for storage heaters too,i shall have to try and make room somehow

Murdoch

Regular EF Member
Do they have bonding in place??

D

Deleted member 26818

Working on a kitchen alteration where i have to alter kitchen ring main,which now means i believe i must leave this circuit rcd protected,what is the best way of doing this as the cu is a old wylex rewireable fuse one,and i dont have to want to fit the new sockets in kitchen with rcd face plates,and i know the customers will not want to pay for an upgrade cu .Thanks
What alterations have you made?

E

Engineer54

I have no time for people like this. Spend literary thousands upon thousands on building work and over priced kitchens, but bulk at the mention of spending around 500 quid updating the electrics in there home. The idiots, obviously think more about possessions and impressing friends than the safety of their own family....

oldtimer

Regular EF Member
I have no time for people like this. Spend literary thousands upon thousands on building work and over priced kitchens, but bulk at the mention of spending around 500 quid updating the electrics in there home. The idiots, obviously think more about possessions and impressing friends than the safety of their own family....
You are never going to change people like this I have highlighted this in the past where they had a his & her cars 1 years old £25k and £18k respectively plus paying for a daughters second wedding in Kenya then going on to a 1 month safari and that fine good luck to them but he got me to fix one of his outside lights for free and baulked at the £90 quote to fix the other so no need to be surprised just get thick skinned and learn to spot them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • Black

Votes: 33 34.0%

Electrician Talk