Discuss working on old wylex fuseboard in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Working on a kitchen alteration where i have to alter kitchen ring main,which now means i believe i must leave this circuit rcd protected,what is the best way of doing this as the cu is a old wylex rewireable fuse one,and i dont have to want to fit the new sockets in kitchen with rcd face plates,and i know the customers will not want to pay for an upgrade cu .Thanks

fit a stand alone 30ma 2 pole rcd in small 2 module enclosure next to fuse board.
transfer ring legs into rcd and connect a piece of 4 or 6 mm t&e from ring fuseway to rcd.

I cant believe you dont have room somewhere in the meter cupboard for a unit that measures just 2"x4" ??

Working on a kitchen alteration where i have to alter kitchen ring main,which now means i believe i must leave this circuit rcd protected,what is the best way of doing this as the cu is a old wylex rewireable fuse one,and i dont have to want to fit the new sockets in kitchen with rcd face plates,and i know the customers will not want to pay for an upgrade cu .Thanks
What alterations have you made?

I have no time for people like this. Spend literary thousands upon thousands on building work and over priced kitchens, but bulk at the mention of spending around 500 quid updating the electrics in there home. The idiots, obviously think more about possessions and impressing friends than the safety of their own family....

I have no time for people like this. Spend literary thousands upon thousands on building work and over priced kitchens, but bulk at the mention of spending around 500 quid updating the electrics in there home. The idiots, obviously think more about possessions and impressing friends than the safety of their own family....

You are never going to change people like this I have highlighted this in the past where they had a his & her cars 1 years old £25k and £18k respectively plus paying for a daughters second wedding in Kenya then going on to a 1 month safari and that fine good luck to them but he got me to fix one of his outside lights for free and baulked at the £90 quote to fix the other so no need to be surprised just get thick skinned and learn to spot them

Reply to working on old wylex fuseboard in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock