Discuss Working out AC on a 50kW array in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Malsford

Hi
I need help in the design of a 50kW PV system, 3 phase inverter so 50000W divided by 400V = 125A. 125A divided by the square root of 3 (1.732) =72.17A per phase. is this right?

Why am I laughing?? I should be bawling (great industry, good prospects, helping country out of recession... shafted by the sh*ts in suits again)

Sounds about right. I'd put your pen down if I were you though. You may as well be designing a saddle for a unicorn.

Too late jobs already started, ive just become the installations manager and been thrown in at the deep end. job should be finished within 3 weeks

What are you talking about? ****s in suits? explain
I am (ithink) a good sparks whos been given a good chance to manage the installs of a bigger company than mine and took it. ive done quite a few installs with my own company but never anything this size with a 3 phase inverter.
i thought maybe i could get some good advice from this forum

Sorry Malsford, I didn't mean to be flippant and I'm sorry if it appeared that way.

We are all a bit shell shocked by the recent FITs news, thats all.

The reason I suggested putting your pen down is that I assumed that you were at the design stage of a 50kWp install. You're right with your sums but I am surprised that this information hasn't already been put together for the DNO. I'm assuming that the DNO have approved the install and that planning permission has been granted. If they haven't then you have less than no chance of getting it done in three weeks.

Reply to Working out AC on a 50kW array in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net