Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss working out loading of transformers in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

please could anyone help me with this simple question.Just wanted to know how i can convert my transformer rating to amps,as i want to know how many low voltage lamps i can put on a circuit.Its only e.l.v halogen lamps.The rating is 20-60va:confused:

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I obviously know ohms law 60 divided by 230 is .26 but doesnt v means 1000 so it should be 6000 divided 230 which is 26.08amps which is totally ridiculous.can anyone understand my logic ??? Some large portable site yellow transformers are 5kva so i presume they can take 21amps is this correct??

J

jimes

va=watts (dc)

S

shedfull

Just nicked this from another site,

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Transformer load :
transformer load ratings can be indicated for the primary and/or secondary side. The majority of the time, we size transformers by the secondary rating. Typically the transformer will be rated by VA (volt x amperes) or KVA (1000 x volt amperes). Volt amperes is actually the wattage of your load, so if the load of your secondary is 4 amps and the secondary voltage is 120 volts, the minimum VA rating you require is going to be 120V x 4A= 480 VA (watts). Therefore the minimum VA you require is 480VA or the next size up available.[/FONT]

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to working out loading of transformers in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom