Discuss Working times in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys
Does anyone know what between what times of day you are allowed to work and make noise etc including the weekends. In domestic commercial sorts of premises where there are the public nearby.
Always feel bad working late and making noise but was told that on a weekday between 7-9 was ok and 8-6 sat and 9-4 sun.
Did look the other day and found one London council stipulates 8-7 weekdays til 4.30 sat and no noisy work on a Sunday.
Cheers

Not sure of the times, but common sence would suggest 8-5 MON-FRI 8-4 sat and 9-30 till 4 sunday, however I would try to avoid noise on a sunday if possible.

Noise abatement act is enforceable between 11pm and 7am during the week can't remember Sat and Sun times, if you are in a built up residential area then I think 8pm is more reasonable, where noise is daily and all year around local residents can involve the local council to enforce restrictions if proven the noise is unacceptable or out of these hours.

Local bedding company has had legal action for loading lorries up before 7am after local residents complained, it a lengthy battle too its taken yrs for the enforcement, they now risk closure for breaching the order.

A quick google suggests that the control of pollution act 1974 would cover noise from construction or DIY work. It requires reasonable hours to be observed.
An accepted standard of reasonable hours seems to be mon-fri 8am-6pm, sat 8am-1pm, sun no noise from work should be heard.

Not sure of the times, but common sence would suggest 8-5 MON-FRI 8-4 sat and 9-30 till 4 sunday, however I would try to avoid noise on a sunday if possible.
Surely everyone is at church on a Sunday?!

I wouldn't work late in any house that's not detached as I know it will pee the neighbour off, I think you should call it s day at 6pm at the latest, maybe knock on the next door and explain what you are doing.

I wouldn't work late in any house that's not detached as I know it will pee the neighbour off, I think you should call it s day at 6pm at the latest, maybe knock on the next door and explain what you are doing.

Depends what you are doing. If you arrange your time so that all the power tool work is done within reasonable hours, and that out of hours work is confined to quiet work such as running cables, second fixing etc, I can't see much of a problem.

Yes if it's not noisy work them crack on, but anything like drilling and noisy work that you know the neighbour will hear I'd leave for the daytime, you don't want to get a reputation as being an inconsiderate and noisy neighbour especially as you have already parked your van In their spot in some streets!

some councils add restrictions to planning consent the NO Sumday use to realy get on my diddies as when working away either home sat night n back down sunday evening or finger up bum on sunday

Reply to Working times in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock