Discuss working without Niceic /napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

RG electrical

I notice that fully qualified sparks are starting to rebel against being mothered and bled by these organisations .....
Have any of you guys got advice for dealing directly with building control ?
I really cant see why I should pay one of these organisations to go over my work when I'm fully qualified with AM2 and inspection and testing !!!!

If and I say IF you live and work in one LABC area, it would be worth writing to them, but if you are like me and are on the border of 4 or 5 its too much hassle to contemplate.....

Sorry Clive, but what do you mean by that.?

Well if 3 out of 5 are OK with the quals, I've still got to get scheme membership for the other 2 LABC's!

I can't afford to allow LABC areas dictate where I can and can't work, and hence why the membership is a must for me.

That said, I can't wait to pick the brains of the numbskulls of Elecsa 7 NICEIC at Elex at Sandown next week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if 3 out of 5 are OK with the quals, I've still got to get scheme membership for the other 2 LABC's!

I can't afford to allow LABC areas dictate where I can and can't work, and hence why the membership is a must for me.

That said, I can't wait to pick the brains of the numbskulls of Elecsa 7 NICEIC at Elex at Sandown next week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, okay understand, see your point.

Done that, with Glenn, Paul, tel and Phil at Trafford Centre......total waste of time.

Keep us informed, mate.

how can they NOT be ok with full qualifications?
the schemes are for the part trained P group as far as I can see. they need to be kept an eye on .

I notice that fully qualified sparks are starting to rebel against being mothered and bled by these organisations .....
Have any of you guys got advice for dealing directly with building control ?
I really cant see why I should pay one of these organisations to go over my work when I'm fully qualified with AM2 and inspection and testing !!!!

I recently did some work for a customer who happened to work for a LABC, and we got chatting about Part P, and the costs of notifying direct. It turns out this particular LABC has set the fee at around £400 to discourage anyone notifying direct, they just don't want to know, as they don't have the resource to deal with it. But they are obliged to accept such direct notifications, so the thinking was set the fee as high as they can reasonably get away with, and hope that deters most people. Apparently they have had just one notification in the last year (if I recall correctly).

Not sure how this helps you decide what to do ...

Last edited:
how can they NOT be ok with full qualifications?
the schemes are for the part trained P group as far as I can see. they need to be kept an eye on .

What do you mean, it was the Scams that virtually invented the 17 day Whizzers and electrical trainee's, as a devised means to boost exponentially their annual incomes

The thing to watch out for here if contemplating this is the terms of your insurance. Many policies that I've seen are all stipulating some sort of registration for doing domestic work.

What do you mean, it was the Scams that virtually invented the 17 day Whizzers and electrical trainee's, as a devised means to boost exponentially their annual incomes
PMSL, I fall about everytime I see this comment, if it wasn't true it would be a pleasure slating it, I have heard of one guy who took a one day pat testing course and a 4 day 17th edition course and he is calling himself qualified, so it is down to 5 days now.

god it gets on my wick that ive got to pay some twonk who probably isnt even as qualified or experienced as me to check over my test results ..........something has got to change.
I know so many fops whom fit electrical circuits under the radar ....no quals no training with the attitude that its " just 3 wires ..how hard can it be?"
never done a cable calc in their lives !!!!

Its time for a sparky to do a 'bosman'..restraint of trade is against the law and we are blatantly being bent over by the various scams

And at the same time lets get the Sky sports contracts cancelled too. How can there be "in country" agreements in the "free market" called the EU??

Right ...so as we dont need them for industrial or commercial is the extra cost for a full scope scheme worth it?
I also object to losing time earning money to act like a dam student again for one of their bloody site visits..........Christ on a bike !!!

god it gets on my wick that ive got to pay some twonk who probably isnt even as qualified or experienced as me to check over my test results ..........something has got to change.
I know so many fops whom fit electrical circuits under the radar ....no quals no training with the attitude that its " just 3 wires ..how hard can it be?"
never done a cable calc in their lives !!!!

Why are you paying someone to check over your test results?

Reply to working without Niceic /napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock