Discuss workwear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ALD

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some new boots and trousers to replace my tired dewalt boots and snickers. Any recommendations and websites?

Thanks

Hi all,

Looking for some new boots and trousers to replace my tired dewalt boots and snickers. Any recommendations and websites?

Thanks

Fleabay's good

I'd go with Dewalt boots and Snickers again. I recently "retired" one of my snickers trousers, a mere 10 years or so of service, although on a rotational basis. There was/maybe still is a lighter range of snickers that if you get a little tear in it, they will fall apart.

Screwfix are good for Dewalt boots, Snickers are similar prices in most places (in region of £50)

I'd go with Dewalt boots and Snickers again. I recently "retired" one of my snickers trousers, a mere 10 years or so of service, although on a rotational basis. There was/maybe still is a lighter range of snickers that if you get a little tear in it, they will fall apart.

Screwfix are good for Dewalt boots, Snickers are similar prices in most places (in region of £50)
if you do go for snickers make sure there the canvas+ or floorlayer ones (the rest are expensive.

the duratwill ones rip really easily (i threw them because of holes in the knees (knelt on a nail in a loft)

if your not on your knees much dr martin tamaracks are very comfy, im using haix trekker pro's now and im impressed with them but there expensive

lidl for the boots, they seem to sell them most of the time, much cheaper than the dewalts

snickers are the best work trousers, don't buy Lee, the belt eyelets broke - or was it the strength in my 6 pack abs.

something with not too much polyester in them. you get sweaty, not good at all.
denim or fabric for me, carhatt trousers are nice.

lidl for the boots, they seem to sell them most of the time, much cheaper than the dewalts

snickers are the best work trousers, don't buy Lee, the belt eyelets broke - or was it the strength in my 6 pack abs.

6 pack ---??? no wonder the belt broke.

6 pack ---??? no wonder the belt broke.
i dont know how anyone breaks the zips etc on there trousers, they are buying too small trousers.

i dont have that issue, i wear 28w or 30w

buy a better belt, ill be behonest i got an assassins creed belt, proper 3/16th ish thick belt

Carhatt? what's them?....get some proper overalls like Fred's...just the job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWl3lyM8vUo

i prefer belt and braces when its cold, if im outside all day in the snow and ice im staying comfy, keep you toasty warm without restricting movement

workwear {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Dickes directly from the dickies website. I love their boots. I get about 2 years constant 9-5 use out of a pair of their boots and they cost me about £30 delivered so i really don't think thats too bad.
Trousers i can't comment on as they are supplied by my employer but i know people that have said very good things about dickies ones again.

Got wolverine boots at the moment, they're fantastic. Scruffs trousers get my vote for being hard wearing and not stupidly expensive.

Not buying dickies anything anymore

Decent work boots are a must, but work trousers, just use your old jeans or whatever. Sod buying 30 to 50 quid work pants just for clumsey pete the painter to ruin them the first day.... Or am i forgeting that electricians need to wear the latest designer workwear fashions these days?? ...lol!!

I wear snickers floorlayers along with the kneepads and there forgiving on the knees. As for boots i went for cat and there pretty tough but pricy.

Decent work boots are a must, but work trousers, just use your old jeans or whatever. Sod buying 30 to 50 quid work pants just for clumsey pete the painter to ruin them the first day.... Or am i forgeting that electricians need to wear the latest designer workwear fashions these days?? ...lol!!
work trousers are better because of the knee pad pockets

Reply to workwear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock