Discuss Workwear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Rob

Am in need of stocking up on some new work gear. In particular some decent but comfortable trousers (cargo/combat style with plenty of pockets).
And sweater/jumper type tops for when the autumn months arrive. I usually go with hoodie style tops, not because im a yobbo looking to get banned from shopping centres but its handy to whip your hood up sometimes when theres a spot of rain or your ears are bloomin' freezing and you've left your coat back in the van.

Anyway whats everyone wearing and what does everyone recommend? :)

I have a couple of pairs of crag hoppers that have lasted well (get them regularly repaired and they dry really quick when rains. I have heard the cheap screwfix ones were decent but i havent bought any.

I only wear snickers holster trousers now as nothing stands up to the test of time like these. Not the cheapest (paid £45 last week for my latest ones) but by far the best.

snickers all the way they are by far the best pants

especially if you have creaky knees as the pads are allways in the right place when you drop to beg for payment

the holster pockets are also good and they have a velcro loop thing for attachments like hammer loop or some of the tool belt attachments, drill holster,long tool pouch etc etc

Hi Guys,
I'm interested in this thread as well especially as I'm a 36" inside leg, you try getting those off the peg. Anyone eelse out there in the same boat and if so what's good and where can I get them from ?.

Cheers,
Lofty.

Yes I'm a snickers fan aswel, loads of pockets & the new pads are just the job (My knees are knackered).
Found Dickies ok but not as comfy on warm days as they are a little tighter than the snickers + pockets are poor compaired to Snickers, but got them for nothing so will do but wouldn't go out & buy them.

i have the grey and black snickers trousers with the holsters and knee pads they are very good

Fristads for trousers, think there dutch,hard wearing, take a while to break in, but tough and comfy once washed a few times. get them on the net, and b and Q for the micro fleece tops and socks. blag my tee shirts from the wholsalers / sales days. and any footwear that you can live with all day.
It,s not really a science,
i take it you don't like tool belts ?

The yanks do great ones, much comfier / more practical than most i have tried before.

Dollar goes along way these days Boy !:)

I have a nice Makita belt (electricians pouch) but always use it over my shoulder as I find it too bulky and restrictive on the waist.

i agree with most of you. snickers trousers are the -------s. they do all sorts of other stuff aswell, hoodies, shorts sweatshirts, the list goes on.

Reply to Workwear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock