• Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Worst cover versions ever in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

trev

-
Esteemed Member
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Ok guy we've had favourite songs, bands, guitarists etc etc so how about really horrible cover versions that should never have happened. I'll set the ball rolling
Stevie Nicks - Rock 'n Roll (Live) HD - YouTube
Céline Dion;Anastacia - You Shook Me All Night Long - YouTube

Now it's not enough just for it to be bad because there's loads of those about. It has to make you cringe like the two examples above.
Lets see what we can come up with.

telectrix

-
Arms Access
just to digress. a really good cover version.. delilah... alex harvey

trev

-
Esteemed Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ah yes Alex Harvey bless his little cottons. He certainly didn't die of moderation and clean living did he:)

telectrix

-
Arms Access
but not as good as 20.000 stokies in full voice at the britannia stadium.

trev

-
Esteemed Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That doesn't make me cringe though mate, it makes me very annoyed though. Some things are just better left alone

Rob

-
Arms Access
That doesn't make me cringe though mate, it makes me very annoyed though. Some things are just better left alone
Most definitely, came on the radio today. Had to switch it off.

A

Adam W

So bad it's actually funny:
[video=youtube;Vy1ueZf1WMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1ueZf1WMQ[/video]

A

Adam W

On a more serious note I really don't like that cover of 'The Undertones - Teenage Kicks' which is being used on some advert at the moment.

ExArmy

-
Arms Access
So bad it's actually funny:
[video=youtube;Vy1ueZf1WMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1ueZf1WMQ[/video]
i remember that when it was out, didn't it get to number 1? i also remember i actually liked it too..?! don't know what i was thinking when i was 10 but just listened now and it's bloody awful.

ExArmy

-
Arms Access
also i don't know if this counts, but theres a band on strictly come dancing that RUIN every song they cover. i can't stand to watch it, whenever it's on i'm out the room.

A

Adam W

i remember that when it was out, didn't it get to number 1? i also remember i actually liked it too..?! don't know what i was thinking when i was 10 but just listened now and it's bloody awful.
I don't know about number 1 but it did really well. He released it around the same time as the original, to the extent Noel Gallagher's girlfriend (who he said he wrote the song for) accused him of covering Mike Flowers.

Seven nation army, ruined by that x factor contestant, why why why? The ying to that yang though is the jimmy webb version of Galveston. Totally amazing (the one off the "letters" album)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Threads

Top Bottom