Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Wots The Rules On Periodics in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MING

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

OK . . . . .er nuffer for you guys,[periodics ]for land lords , local councils and also insurance company are asking land lords to get there propertys with tennants inspected, the gas regs have been in line with this for some time [safety certificates]. . . . . . reet my question is , do you need to belong to one of the said lead body's [NAPPIT NIC ,ECT] to do this work if your qualified. . . . . your thoughts please :):):)

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
T

TonyM58

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No.

The requirement to do a periodic inspection report is that you must be COMPETENT. This is generally accepted as holding C&G 2391 or equivalent. However, if you you use a fully calibrated test meter, and carry out the full PIR i.a.w BS7671, then your generic PIR would be no more or less valid than than a NIC one - and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I get hacked off with people saying "it must be tested by a qualified NIC enegineer..." etc!!!

G

Girlyspark

Tony's absolutely right!

However, sometimes if a report is being done for an insurance company, they stipulate that it must be carried out by a member of a certain body - but that is a personal choice of their's.

M

MING

OK. . . . .FANKS [oops caps lock on ]] er yes thanks fer reply's :):):)

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Wots The Rules On Periodics in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom