Discuss Would I be classed as a qualified electrician. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

John21

Hi all,

I'm writing on here to get some of your thoughts. Iv been doing an apprenticeship iv got my level 3 certificate in electrotechnical services and also I should have my am2 certificate soon, as iv got to do a resit on the installation. I was wondering if I would be classed as a qualified electrician with my level 3 cert and am2, as I have recently lost my job and can find an employer to finish my logbook off to complete my apprenticeship.

Regards

John

From an employers pov you are still a stage 4 apprentice until you pass your AM2. And I would want a years experience off you first. Sounds abit shady of your old employer gettin grid of you before passed the resit tho. But if you can get a jib employer then once you've got your am2 passed you are really classed as a spark.

Yeah, the JIB won't grade you as a spark until you have completed the site diary, NVQ 3.

Bummer to lose your job at this stage, but hang in there and try to get on with someone else to finish off.

I'd say you have a year to go before you can get your gold card.

Reply to Would I be classed as a qualified electrician. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, Sorry, I won't take much of your time. To cut a long story short, I am newly qualified and have domestic installation/commercial...
Replies
Views
Due to demand, we need a qualified electrician who would like to teach. Suitable for all ages with a passion and patience, to pass on knowledge to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views
Hi to everyone, this is my first post so if is been already asked/answered please guide me to the relevant discussion/thread. I don't know...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just joined the site Iam a trainee electrician currently have my 18th edition and doing my level 2/3 diploma I have been working...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock