Discuss Would you consider these accessorries too close to the hob? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, i was given measurements from the tenant and they happemed to be slighty wrong. Now iv already ran cables and the plasterer has already done his job. Looking at the pictures the tenant sent me, the accessorries seem a little close to the hob. What can be done now? Do you think its ok as it is? Is ther e like a fire rated accessory i can purchase or is the only option to move the accessorries? Please see attached pics. Thank you all in advance

Attachments

• Would you consider these accessorries too close to the hob? IMG-20201120-WA0002 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG-20201120-WA0002.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Would you consider these accessorries too close to the hob? IMG-20201120-WA0001 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG-20201120-WA0001.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 65
can you move the single box to the other side of the double box whilst keeping cables in prescribed zones?

Not sure what the single box is for (cooker hood, hob ignition?), but way too close, especially if you want to switch it off while the chip pan is on fire! Even the sockets are a bit too close.

Hi,Looks closer than the recommended 100mm.....not in reg bible,but bound to cause an argument....

thought it was 150mm. bloody metric confusion.. 6 bloody inches can be visualised. 150mm i need to use a dual standard tape measurer to compare.

I've had to move existing accessories before this close to a hob, before the gas fitter would install a new hob. Not sure what their rules are.

I've had to move existing accessories before this close to a hob, before the gas fitter would install a new hob. Not sure what their rules are.
usually in conflict with ours. e.g. insisting on bonding to the external gas meter when it is 20 ft. from where the service enters the building.

Thanks everyone. I think it's only safer to just blank off the left fused spur and move it to the right of the double socket. Appreciate all your input ?

OR......a hinged lid,over the hob,with a micro-switch,interlocking a contactor,isolating supply to that socket....

I may be over thinking it,but i'm out in the rain shortly,wrestling the floppy,broken gear stick,off a small tractor,so this keeps me dry and cheerful ...

it's always raining in munchester. what;s new?

it's always raining in munchester. what;s new?
What's new? ...well...the worlds sicker,sadder and sillier...but,with a good sense of humour and some grit,it's all possible.

Never had a bigger variety of jobs...not all resulting in golden eggs,but,all gratefully remunerated.

I've just got engineering to deal with,me sisters have the soggy end of the stick...one's a copper,the other in NHS...harder things to repair,people (would insert a smiley,here,but Qanon has given them to Satan,as a gift)

I was looking into this recently, and most sites seems to agree that for the Gas regulations, it's 150mm to each side of a gas hob (up to 400mm). Though when I tried to track the official source down I couldn't find it - I suspect it's in their BS book, which I'm certainly not buying to confirm.

It's unclear to me whether an all metal switch that was not 'flammable' would comply in that zone - but then most metal switches have some plastic in them anyway.

Would you consider these accessorries too close to the hob? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Would you consider these accessorries too close to the hob? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock