Discuss WTF................................................... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all pls let me know if this has happened to any of you.
I completed an EICR for a customer who was applying for equity release from their property and the above certification needed to be presented along with the application , the client calls me a few weeks later and tells me the mortgage company will only accept certification from nic approved electricians, I am registered with NAPIT I as the customer to get them to call me direct but they told him they don't deal with 3rd party's and advise him to have the certification redone by an electrician who is nic registered .....WTF

Hi all pls let me know if this has happened to any of you.
I completed an EICR for a customer who was applying for equity release from their property and the above certification needed to be presented along with the application , the client calls me a few weeks later and tells me the mortgage company will only accept certification from nic approved electricians, I am registered with NAPIT I as the customer to get them to call me direct but they told him they don't deal with 3rd party's and advise him to have the certification redone by an electrician who is nic registered .....WTF
Get the name of the mortgage company and give it to NAPIT they will get in touch with said mortgage company and kick up a fuss, threatening legal action etc. AFAIA the mortgage company can’t stipulate this.

That may be so but there is no difference between the two organisations with regards to certification process and the process for sparks wanting to pay to join there organisation
Still get NAPIT on to them. Zurich used to stipulate NICEIC only but I know someone who got NAPIT onto them and they soon changed their tune.

Reply to WTF................................................... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock