Discuss WYLEX 100mA 80A RCD in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

s1m0n

Hi all,
Does any one know if a WYLEX 100mA 80A RCD WEM 80/2 is time delayed.
It currenty protects a TT system and I will be upgrading the consumer unit to an 17th edition unit with 2X30mA RCD's.
I worried about discrimination, and dont want it tripping before the 30mA RCDS's
I know removing it may be an answer, but it is useful as an Isolation Swtch.
Thanks in Advance

!Be27GH!BGk~$(KGrHqMH-D0Erfdst-)BBK+!HEzWLQ~~_35.JPG

If you mean one of these^^^^then no, they're just general purpose RCD's to BS 4293.

is that placed between the meter and the CU??

and if so, can you now remove these to replace with a standard 100A DP isolation switch? As long as you have entire board covered by RCD's/RCBO's (i.e no unprotected ways)

cheers

Reply to WYLEX 100mA 80A RCD in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views
I try to keep out of Domestic work but I have a problem at home. Currently I have a wylex fuse board with re-wire fuses. they are great because...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views
Hi all,looking for some pointers to an RCD problem, I work entirely on large poultry farms, I've only been in post a year, at some point before I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I was recently ask by a customer if/how his house could be supplied by his electric car. He wants to charge the car at night on low rate...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock