Discuss Wylex Breakers - What's the problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martinxxxxxx

They have all disappeared on a recall. But Wylex wont say what the problem is. Nor will they allow you to take back one you have brought. Anyone know more?

Martin

How can you check before you install - I have about 12 waiting to be installed bough a few months ago. [delays due vacations & volcanoes]

the problem is that there's a fire risk , spoke to rep 2day and was told that 1 in a few thousand had internal fault which wouldnt allow it to trip and would melt the breaker from inside !!!

hi all info re electrium mcb recall i have been called out to four jobs 3 smell burning 1 L F B called in all cases mcb s did not trip but had melted you could see day light though sides all crabtree 6m1b16 replaced with updated version crabtree man came and picked up defective mcb the mcb afected our CRABTREE 6M1B06 6B1B10 6M1B16 WYLEX NSB06 NSB10 NSB16 VOLEX VB06 VB 10 VB 16 PURCHSED DURING 1ST APRIL 2009 TO 28 FED 2010:eek:

Electrium that are now made by siemens
i work for southern electric contracting and have these faulty breakers in over 10000 properties over the country that we rewire for councils
electrum have ask us for these details of properties and are going to replace these
the problem is an internal one and there is arcing between two of the contacts over time soldering the mcb in tho on positing and melting the mcb

this is over the following brands
crabtree
volex
wylex
alto
newleck
sector
steepel

there are only certain serial numbers on the mcb i have the paper work at work and can upload the numbers or you can apply for them at MCB Exchange Page

danny

Reply to Wylex Breakers - What's the problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net