Discuss Wylex fully loaded Duel RCD boards £60 inc VAT in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Alright guys

Went into my local B+Q to get some paint for my wife and B+Q are knocking out fully loaded Duel RCD 10 Ways C/W MCB's for £60.00. I grabbed a few can someone else go buy them all before joe public thinks it ok to install them at this price.

Paul

at top of page, go to forum. then select appropriate forum then go to post new thread.

I,M GOING ROUND TO MY LOCAL B&Q AND SLIP ONE OF MY CARDS IN EACH cu BOX

Glad they sell Wylex

Best thing they ever did- I take a copy of the Wylex product recall when I go to quote consumer unit replacements :D

I use Hager as I steer clear of shed stuff- then jo public comes back to me when they want a shower connected instead of going to B&Q

At ours there selling the wylex ones and also nexus ones are £50 not sure of quality tho

The Nexus stuff is as good as all the other big names.

Still don't see why Hager are so loved though. Worked on one the other day, seemed like a flimsy peice of rubbish!

I tend to use wylex as you know you can always buy new mcb's if you need to unexpectedly. Plus, councils tend to use them and you can pick left over RCBO's up on ebay for about a tenner which makes fitting out an all RCBO board quite cost effective. The recall worried me and I had a couple of faulty MCB's but TBH I have found that this can happen with any manufacturer.

if i go on a wednesday, i get 10% discount, so that makes em £54. £22 less than wholesalers. wtf is going on when joe public can buy at less than trade price. either b&q are making a loss or our suppliers are ripping us off.

I reckon its the latter!
my local b&q have put all their CUs on the top shelf out of reach. wonder if they are getting flak for selling direct to joe public. btw, did that MCB sort you out?

was only gatherin dust anyway. my lady's house has several unfused spurs off the ring, i've dropped the MCBs to 16A in the existing board, just to ensure they are man enough, then going to fit the starbreaker dual RCD board. only need 2x 32A. 1 for shower and 1 for oven.

if i go on a wednesday, i get 10% discount, so that makes em £54. £22 less than wholesalers. wtf is going on when joe public can buy at less than trade price. either b&q are making a loss or our suppliers are ripping us off.

Why are you buying stuff you can get in B&Q?

There needs to be a degree of seperation from the DIY market.

I have spoke about Hager, and I use it as I think they are good.
The other main reason is that B&Q don't stock them- this give us electricians an advantage- it means jo public is either going to force another MCB to fit (thus invalidating your guarantee) or ask you back to do more work

It's just plain business sense not to use shed supplied stuff as the quality is usually better (definately not any worse) and the client has to come back to me for further parts

Yep I have fitted 7 of these wylex jobs I like the fact that the internal conductors are flexi lets you shove MCB,s around I got a CED one it had stiff conductors what a pain and does any one know where I can get the 16mm soft flexi cable used in these boxes it would come in handy for inside enclosures and save me stripping of the grey outer so I can actuall bend the stuff.
Pict

I have stopped using CEF for stuff they are to expensive and the price they quote is never what the invoice comes to, edmunsons if I am not in a rush otherwise Toolstation or screwfix and to be honest if it did not involve a £47 ferry and 3 hours of my time I would go to B&Q, there is to much inherant snobbery in electrical wholesalers I have no time for sniffing sales assistants or plooky youths who think they know it all, I also carry out refrigeration work and the differance between electrical wholesalers and refrigeration spares guys is staggering in the depth of knowledge displayed
Pict

Reply to Wylex fully loaded Duel RCD boards £60 inc VAT in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock