Discuss Wylex RCBO SP Replacement. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know of any other manufacturers single module RCBO that could slot in and replace a Wylex NSBS 32A type C ?

Screw heads on existing one are smashed to bits & not tightening onto cables enough when checked.

Thanks.

I have Wiha Torque drivers but the install sparks have put in a ring for ground then spurred a 3rd cable off for a socket next to the CU and when doing a test on DB as my parents just moved in to this place. The RCBO Line cables pulled out & head of the screws are chewed up loads so can't tighten right !

Just thinking soulsurfer, wylex changed the code from nsb to nhx for their rcbos and breakers.

Just go somewhere like screwfix and get a replacement and probably best for b curve for domestic.

Just got hold of every wholesaler here in Jersey on the rock & my mate has 1 left ! B curve too so should be sorted although design of clamp inside that holds cables is V shape rather than squared like Hager so may need to fit that 3rd spurred cable to its own RCBO also. As the Wylex one doesn't seem happy holding on 3 x 2.5's as its been wired!!

Just got hold of every wholesaler here in Jersey on the rock & my mate has 1 left ! B curve too so should be sorted although design of clamp inside that holds cables is V shape rather than squared like Hager so may need to fit that 3rd spurred cable to its own RCBO also. As the Wylex one doesn't seem happy holding on 3 x 2.5's as its been wired!!

Take it as a good thing that theres no Wylex over there! Lol...

Reply to Wylex RCBO SP Replacement. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Wondering if you could offer some advice please. I carried out a small outdoor lighting project today at a commercial property. 4 lights...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have recently replaced our central heating programmer with a Honeywell ST9400C. We now want to replace our old wireless room...
Replies
Views
I am upgrading garage lighting. I have installed 12 40W batten lights (cheap Amazon variety - don’t have specs). 6A breaker in Garage consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Bit of a tricky number. I have recently installed lights / fans /toothbrush chargers and shaver sockets to a bathroom and En-suite. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock