Discuss Xbox consoles. What’s the difference? in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Not used this part of the forum much.

My girls have got for Christmas, or the middle ones birthday in January, every Just Dance game since they came out.
We used to get them on the Wii, then the Xbox one.
This year however, it’s only available on Xbox series X or series S, not the Xbox one. What is the difference between these two?

I don’t really want to buy another console, or change allegiance to PlayStation or whatever…. But if we did, would it be better buying an X or an S?

No idea, but we got our daughter a Series S for Christmas (think she liked the size and colour).

One thing that doesn't sit well with me is the controller requiring 2x AA batteries. Surely Microsoft recognise this isn't 1973?

I'm no expert, in fact I never use an Xbox but the kids do. Apparantly (I can't spell!) The X has 4k+ graphics, faster processor, bigger hard drive and more memory. If you ask your kids they will want the 'X' and be upset if you get them an 'S'. Personally I would prefer a Commodore 64.

I've just had a word with my lad and he says:
"The Xbox X is big and like a fridge and the S is small and s**t, as it overheats on bit games"
Also says "Just get the S for Just Dance as it's not a bit game so shouldn't overheat"

The S doesn't have a bluray player, so you have to download games (and films) only.

Not that it makes much difference with games these days... If you did buy a game on a disc, you still have to wait half an hour the first time you put it in while it copies the files to the hard drive, then when you launch the game, it will spend another half hour or so downloading an update. Only advantage of games on discs: 1, you can buy them as presents and wrap them up, and 2, you can sell them when you're done with them.

But the lack of a bluray/dvd player might be annoying if you want to use it to watch films you already own

as above, you can only download games onto the S as there’s no optical drive, so renders it useless for playing any physical copies of the game you may have on that console or previous generations.

If you can afford it, get the X as they’re cross gen and can play your old physical games on it.

I’ve got the X, I wouldn’t have an S.

Reply to Xbox consoles. What’s the difference? in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock