Discuss Xbox Series X in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

JBW175

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just wondered if any of you gamers' have got your hands on the new Xbox or PS5 yet?

if so, what they like?

I know a few people that have upgraded to the PS5. None have any complaints, but nor are they extolling the virtues of their new consoles.

Other than faster loading times, I couldn't see any benefit for myself at this time. Couple that with the fact that early consoles invariably have some issues, that are ironed out in later versions, and it seemed prudent to wait a year or two for better value (unless the current console packs in before then).

I got the Xbox X on the day of release, not much difference from what I can see, my boy plays fifa on it and it’s not even available until tomorrow on the new platform

I got the Xbox X on the day of release, not much difference from what I can see, my boy plays fifa on it and it’s not even available until tomorrow on the new platform

I wasn’t fast enough to get one on release day, managed to order one last week though. It should be here before Christmas, but my sister is struggling to get one for my nephew, so might offer mine up and get one at a later date.

Just curious to see what I’m missing out on.

Not missing out on much from what I’ve seen, we’ve always updated when the new console comes out but this one has probably been the most disappointing, only real difference is speed the game loads at

Not missing out on much from what I’ve seen, we’ve always updated when the new console comes out but this one has probably been the most disappointing, only real difference is speed the game loads at

Same here; and still got all my old consoles in the loft. I feel I’m going to be a bit underwhelmed with it now, let’s hope they smash it with some new title releases. I’m looking forward to the new assassins creed & Halo infinity.

Same here; and still got all my old consoles in the loft. I feel I’m going to be a bit underwhelmed with it now, let’s hope they smash it with some new title releases. I’m looking forward to the new assassins creed & Halo infinity.

Other than faster loading which will be greatly appreciated, but not essential, it'll be the release of GTA6 that might push me into buying a new console. Thankfully that'll be some time away.

Other than faster loading which will be greatly appreciated, but not essential, it'll be the release of GTA6 that might push me into buying a new console. Thankfully that'll be some time away.

I think they're busy milking the GTA:V Online cow to death at the moment, we won't see a new GTA for quite some time. If they do though, I hope it's not like Red Dead Redemption 2 which was about as much fun to play as E.T. on the Atari 2600.

Over 7 years and still new content being regularly released. Given the phenomenal sums earned from the GTA franchise, I'd like to think they're making every effort to get it right.

I remember a couple of years back GTA5 had made something crazy, in the region of $6 billion and would imagine they've probably earned another couple since then.

Red Dead 2 didn't appeal to me at all and most people I know were bitterly disappointed by day 2.

Over 7 years and still new content being regularly released. Given the phenomenal sums earned from the GTA franchise, I'd like to think they're making every effort to get it right.

I remember a couple of years back GTA5 had made something crazy, in the region of $6 billion and would imagine they've probably earned another couple since then.

Red Dead 2 didn't appeal to me at all and most people I know were bitterly disappointed by day 2.
Spent the majority of the time riding long journeys on a horse and playing the same mission over in a different area. Could have been so much better.

Spent the majority of the time riding long journeys on a horse and playing the same mission over in a different area. Could have been so much better.

I probably would have bought a copy (and been similarly disappointed), were it not for the fact that GTA has gone completely mad over the last few years - flying cars and bikes etc. How could I leave those behind to ride about on a horse? ?

Reply to Xbox Series X in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock