Discuss xmas lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

maffa ent

evening all!

a set of xmas lights, all 240v, i think they're tiny filament lamps, although i haven't seen them yet.

will they be wired in series? if so, will there be some kind of resistor? at the very end? or something?

i'm going to break into this set to run an extra set, probably just connect the 2 cables into an ip66 socket, then plug extra lights into the socket?

sorry if i haven't given enough info?

How many bulbs ? Any controllers ? Eg. Do they flash run or anything ? And if there is a fuse bulb it's normally a clear bulb with just a dab of white on the ones I have seen but if your thinking of just splicing in to this circuit I think your looking for extra problems but keep us posted

haha i would, but the customer wants clear lights in a couple of trees, (the ones she's already got), then coloureds in the trees just beyond!

they can't simply be added on to, so i'm gonna have to be resourceful!

it is a great brew job, on the main drag, so good advert, for good friends.

i smell burning transformers. get ready with the marshmallows.

Reply to xmas lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
I'm starting a new project on Monday, new dental practice conversion from a shop. Nothing new here, customer doesn't know what electrical heating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock