Discuss xpelair fans in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

texas bob

Hi, anyone know anything about xpelair timed fans?? spent the whole day in loft today, goes on with switch, stays on when switched off, and then stays on forever??? and whats with the switched neutral?

Hi mate thanks, but if you swap them round the timer does not work at all? fan just opperates as a non timer fan and goes on and of with the switch.

Sounds like you have mixed up the connections.

The neutral has to be permenant NOT switched !! The permenant live is for the timer and the switched live is as it says from the switch of your light normally.

Turn the timer down to its lowest time setting as per the manufacturers instructions.

Thanks mate butI have three fans all the same and all do the same thing. All wiring to the units are exactly to instructions, but neutrals connect to red and live conects to blue in the actual module.weird

No mate,I know it is frowned upon but this fan definatly has switched neutral, its the only one i have ever fitted which is, but i am assured by xpelair that this is correct?

No mate,I know it is frowned upon but this fan definatly has switched neutral, its the only one i have ever fitted which is, but i am assured by xpelair that this is correct?

Are you sure they are not referring to the isolation switch?

As others have said perm neutral, live and switched live.

Does not say anything about a humidistat in tha instructions at all so i assume not, however another spark told me that some humidistat models stay on for 24 hours on first use to 'set' themselves?

In this instance discard the installation instructions and wire it with a perm live and switched live.

Also look closer on the PCB by the screw terminals often they are printed to show the perm and switched live positions.

Reply to xpelair fans in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net