Discuss XVision HD Pro CCTV Fault in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Strima

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a customer who has a XVision HD Pro CCTV system that now fails to boot. It's a few years old and I have cleaned a lot of dust out of the system.

It will only get to 99% on the power up screen then dumps out and cycles through it's start up routine.

I have replaced the MB button battery as it's often a cheap fix but still have the same problem.

I suspect the hard drive has had it, unless anyone has any other tips before I replace it?

If you have tried switching it on and off again and hit it with a hammer then my fault finding skills are exhausted. :D

... my fault finding skills are exhausted. :D
Mine will be if you have tried unplugging the hard-disk and see if it moans.
(can still be a weak power supply -just unable to run whole system .... )
But there may be pieces of straw hanging out of my mouth !
(no experience with that model)

Everything powers up as it should, I do have a spare PSU lying around so I'll try running it from that.

Reply to XVision HD Pro CCTV Fault in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, I have a little conundrum I need to get resolved. I’ve moved an EV charger from a single phase board that was on a 40a breaker and...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, We’re having problems with our Bosch serie 6 washer/dryer. It’s about 6 years old. The model number is WVG30461GB/03. It has begun to stop...
Replies
Views
Hi all looking for some helpful advice I'm an Aussie so go easy on me, I have a good mechanical engineering head but first time plumbing and...
Replies
Views
Last weekend I experienced a weird electrical fault with my 2010 Peugeot Boxer Van. A little background - the van is a 2010 Boxer 330 2.2 Short...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock