Discuss you get there at agreed time & date..but the tennant is nowhere to be seen..annoying in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: you get there at agreed time & date..but the tennant is nowhere to be seen..anno

Shove the job where the Sun don't shine, cheeky beggars, they treat you like something they bloody stepped in, I know it's work but ffs

Re: you get there at agreed time & date..but the tennant is nowhere to be seen..anno

Shove the job where the Sun don't shine, cheeky beggars, they treat you like something they bloody stepped in, I know it's work but ffs
yep...feel like it but...like i says...theres other more productive stuff from this fella...and lets face it..its the tennents..not the landlord here....

small jobs are often the way in with these types....

what they do is get you in initially on a minor job...see what your all about...

and this can work in your favour as well....as you can subtly set your stall out about getting paid...

whats being a council tenant got to do with it ?.......
Too true looks like jay sean has been brainwashed by the tory press, silly bugger what a fool, to suggest everyone who lives in a council house is a lazy so and so is almost predujice, disgusting.

I was also dragged up in a council house
me too, I lived in one until I was 19, I feel angry by that fools post, sorry Glenn, apologies mate for crashing your thread.

I was also dragged up in a council house
so was i....

8ace.jpg

OK

so had agreed a time & date with the tennant to fit 2 fans (bathroom & kitchen)...i was there ...where were they?

i dont like it..:mad:
Sorry to hear that Glenn, I have had the same over the years, some people just plain forget and go out and then say sorry without meaning it when they realise what they have done, sill sods.

- - - Updated - - -

you`v got PM mike...
Okay M8 will have looky cheers

prejudice, it may be,...its the kinda thing that gets a bloke knocked the f**k out round these parts......

just for jay seans benefit,...i was born into a council house, raised in one, by both parents, dad owned his own mechanics business, mum was a support teacher @ school, none of their 4 kids have been involved with drugs, arrested, thrown out of school or claimed benefits, one sister owns a cleaning business, one owns a barber business, one is a senior manager @ tesco , and one is training to be an electrician (me, obv), we have all traveled the world, and i have held a job in the MoD that doesent need talking about here, i have also worked 3/4 of the way through a psychology degree........so yer, dam those council folk.......why im explaining myself because of this nobheads attitude is beyond me, like i said, walk into a pub with that attitude, see how many teeth you lose,...muppet

rant over..

I was brought up on a council estate too (40 yrs ago), left at 18 when my parents bought a private semi and hadn't been back around one really observing changes until around 5yrs ago when I started working on a few.

I've noticed a big difference and not from all the media hype. What I can remember is that 40 yrs ago the council estate I lived on was was full of hard working men (and women) with the odd unemployed. You got one or two 'rough' ones but on the whole it was just people living their lives with respect. Now I see a reversal from my own experience on the council estates Ive been to. Its not a unilateral statement for every council estate as its only my experience from what I've seen on the ones I've been to.

I'm not vindicating, substantiating or justifying what has been said, just acknowledging that it might be his experience too!

I was brought up on a council estate too (40 yrs ago), left at 18 when my parents bought a private semi and hadn't been back around one really observing changes until around 5yrs ago when I started working on a few.

I've noticed a big difference and not from all the media hype. What I can remember is that 40 yrs ago the council estate I lived on was was full of hard working men (and women) with the odd unemployed. You got one or two 'rough' ones but on the whole it was just people living their lives with respect. Now I see a reversal from my own experience on the council estates Ive been to. Its not a unilateral statement for every council estate as its only my experience from what I've seen on the ones I've been to.

I'm not vindicating, substantiating or justifying what has been said, just acknowledging that it might be his experience too!
What that all folk living in council houses sleep in late every day? come on now whats happening here? good god what next?

well Leeds has some of the largest council estates in the UK....and yep...they are tough areas with problems....but i think what needs saying here as well is that even if some dont agree with the values many hold dear on such estates they are values all the same...further more the majority of those that live on estates take a dim view of vandalism and other antisocial behaviours...its just they have a ...lets say `pro-active` approach to dealing with such things....more often than not they tend to prefer to settle `out of court`....lol...

the most prevelent kinds of poor behaviours displayed by some that live on estates seems to be lack of control of their pets (barking dogs in kennels)..or packs of wild dogs just roaming around, litter and loud music/antisocial parties...but you can find that kind of malarky anyware...cant you..

in fact some of the filthyest, most antisocial types nowadays can be found ecking out their miserable lives in the private rented sector....trust me...i`v seen it..

and yes, i was brought up on a council estate...my dad has done a professional job in the NHS for 30 odd years...and my mother is an english graduate with a BA masters gained at a time when a degree actually meant something.

had similar problem other day (not council) took me 20 mins before some grumpy half asleep tenant gets the door, soon as i was let in she went back to bed...
also on a council rewire 2 days in a row no one in.

What I do if a tenant takeas the Pish is drop them right to the bottom of the queue
and I mean the bottom
3 months later have you done that job?
naw! They have been phoned and texted 2 times that is as far as I go
if they don't have the courtesy to contact me I don't have to sort their jobs out.
One of my letting agents is spot on and will fight your corner sadly she is moving on and I'll no doubt get a 25 year old superstar who'll try to cut my rates cos their mates a spark and will do it cheaper.
council tenants are no worse/better than private lets btw

well...i`m going to ring them tomorrow...see what the excuse is....

then i will decide if i feel like coring out 2X 4" holes through thick walls on a sunday before anything else...(i`ll end up doing it i know...lol)

once its done..its done and i can then slap the invoice in...my mate says he pays up straight away does this guy so....

see thats half the problem here as well:

you can spend half your time chasing money about...oh the sob storys, putoffs & excuses...i`v heard em all...
thing is though when you do finally get your money...its worthless caus the reason you needed prompt payment in the first place has gone...

get that a lot from private landlords..playin games with money...

Just before crimbo I had to go to Barrow in Furness to an EICR for a mate. He was renting the house out at the time but wanted to sell it. As I was only doing it for peanuts, I refused to drive the 5 hour round trip but luckily his brother owed him a favour so he drove me there. Got there at bang on 8 on a Sat morning. Banged on door.....no answer!! Banged on window........no answer!!! Through small stones at window......still no bl0ody answer. Rang the letting agents.........not open till 12pm!!!!
This went on for 3 hours!!!! We was just about to leave when a tired, skinny, scruffy looking lad popped his head through the upstairs curtain. He had that...."what the focks all the banging"? look on his face.

Lets just say I was not amused and he realised that when he tried to make his morning brew and I turned all the leccy off......little knob.

Anyway, it was a lovely drive....some nice scenery up that way.

Jay

Just before crimbo I had to go to Barrow in Furness to an EICR for a mate. He was renting the house out at the time but wanted to sell it. As I was only doing it for peanuts, I refused to drive the 5 hour round trip but luckily his brother owed him a favour so he drove me there. Got there at bang on 8 on a Sat morning. Banged on door.....no answer!! Banged on window........no answer!!! Through small stones at window......still no bl0ody answer. Rang the letting agents.........not open till 12pm!!!!
This went on for 3 hours!!!! We was just about to leave when a tired, skinny, scruffy looking lad popped his head through the upstairs curtain. He had that...."what the focks all the banging"? look on his face.

Lets just say I was not amused and he realised that when he tried to make his morning brew and I turned all the leccy off......little knob.

Anyway, it was a lovely drive....some nice scenery up that way.

Jay
but the problem is Jamie is the time spent there....when it could have been spent seeing to your customers...that time is lost....and cant easily be got back....

Reply to you get there at agreed time & date..but the tennant is nowhere to be seen..annoying in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net