Discuss You know what it's like in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As the title suggests you know what it's like when you are bored and start thinking of times past.
A 230 V supply feeding an isolation Transformer 230V /23OV feeding some equipment, on the Secondary side of the TX a DP RCD is fitted, question if the RCD sees a fault on the equipment will it trip on an Earth fault? the Secondary output is center tapped 110V each side of the Earth.

You set me off Pete, Gwen the 5' 11" half Canadian half Japanese exotic dancer that I had a "dalliance" with 25 years ago........
And? more please

Yeah well when your memory aint working that well, go with what comes to mind first before you forget it.
I'll go with that...…. then again, I can probably remember stand out times 4 decades ago better than 4 months back.......but 4 seconds???? Sounds like it's when you nip out to the wholesalers, arrive and then can't remember what you've come for:rolleyes:

An RCD will work downstream of a transformer provided one point on the secondary is earth-referenced (and connected to the load CPC if present.) If that point is also used as a neutral, then the N-E link must be between the transformer and the RCD. E.g. on a 230V TN system, the earth-referenced point is also the neutral; the N goes through the RCD but the CPC does not. On a 55-0-55 site supply, the centre-tap is not used as a neutral but it is still earth-referenced so the RCD will react to a fault on either line.

On non-standard voltages between the outers, the RCD test button may not behave correctly as it will pass the wrong test current.

Reply to You know what it's like in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock