Discuss You would not believe me but ???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

OhmElectrical

Swapping an old mess of a fuse board with items added everywhere etc, I'll post pic if can figure out how but.
Just after "the magic cut out tail fairy" left and I'm mid way through updating tails etc guess who arrived next door.
The ****ing meter man to read next doors meter I was praying he did not come into garage I was in but luckily walked the other way

Anyone had close calls such as this

Swapping an old mess of a fuse board with items added everywhere etc, I'll post pic if can figure out how but.
Just after "the magic cut out tail fairy" left and I'm mid way through updating tails etc guess who arrived next door.
The ****ing meter man to read next doors meter I was praying he did not come into garage I was in but luckily walked the other way

Anyone had close calls such as this

Was your bum twitching a little? lol

Hey if he'd have come in you could have waved your NICEIC card at him, he wouldn't have questioned a thing then ;)

My mate had just that happen quite recently! Mate said it didn't have a tag when he got there (it did) and tails were undersized. Meter reader was not bothered at all, said he would re tag it next time.

Was your bum twitching a little? lol

Hey if he'd have come in you could have waved your NICEIC card at him, he wouldn't have questioned a thing then ;)

Just a tad don't need this running low on time and light and plans for tonight catching up fast was my thoughts but I imagine he wants go home too

I've had a meter man come and read the meter after I had removed the tails and the old CU, it didn't bother me at all other than being disturbed whilst I was in the middle of doing the job.

Meter readers don't know or care what you are doing, they just need to write the number down and get to the next one as quick as possible.

Happened to me a few years ago, had the bullet out and old CU disconnected, wires sticking out, the meter reader just gave the wires a bit a bit of a wide berth lol, did not say a word just took his reading and left, I was half expecting him to say something, but no, just a "cheers mate" and off he went on his merry way.

When you get woken up to find a bunch of Gas Board geezers in your hallway after they've just broken into your flat and the meter is in the reverse position,
THAT'S twitchy bum time!!!
...Wasn't going to add this,but seeing as you have started bowling...years back,started a garage extension at parents,had a major trauma dealing with BG/Transco,long story short,needed to move gas meter out,with new build,about 800mm.
Rang a pal in Utilities,and he said they just dig out plastic main,blank off and lay under a board until reinstating.
All good,till meter man arrives,me dad jacks and leads him to me,i say "It's not convenient",he asks "Why?"......booger...."Come with me,then..." So i take him to the next house but ones' garage door,open it,and there,with all the other stored gear,is a very sad looking meter,balanced on top of a freezer....
To say he had a fit,would be an understatement...i thought i would have to hold his tongue down,with a spatula...:icon12:

When you get woken up to find a bunch of Gas Board geezers in your hallway after they've just broken into your flat and the meter is in the reverse position,
THAT'S twitchy bum time!!!

That sounds like a synonym (sorry maybe not right word, that being a pun in itself) for something else

"...find a bunch of geezers in your hallway..." "..broken into your,

"....in a reverse position..."

"twitchy bum time"

Reply to You would not believe me but ???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net