Discuss Your input sparkies in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi there

In a short paragraph, in your own words. State why you like your job? how long you've been doing it for... the perks, benifits, enjoyments etc

Its for a project, successful ones expressing how good the job is will be published online

regards n many thanks

luke

Been an electrical mechanical engineer 30years. Spent 10 years working around the world installing high speed machinary. Great perk saw lots of things and lots of places. Now a maintenance manager in a factor great new experiance, down side dont like being stuck in one place! 99% of my work in Industry so dont have to deal with general public. Is that agood thing,you tell me. :rolleyes:. Enjoyemnt factor is great when you get the job done

Last edited by a moderator:
Got fed up working for someone else decided a few months ago to change career now I get the freedom to do what I want and nothing is better than a smile on my customers face when I have solved the problem.

Chris

Been a general contractor both self employed and employed by many companies with over 35 years experience. Loved the travelling circuit when I was younger, worked all over this country. But I have to say that health and safety policies this day and age makes going to work a bloody toil. Whilst I appreciate that youngsters entering into the constuction trades need training of the dangers of the enviroment they'll be working in us older fella's are sick and tired of having to go to inductions etc, etc. CSCS cards are a good introduction but I've just done the same exam for the third time why ????????
Common sense needs to be used and safety to suit the individual enviroment worked in, but I'm afraid this day and age this has just so out of hand it's often immpossible to work. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been a general contractor both self employed and employed by many companies with over 35 years experience. Loved the travelling circuit when I was younger, worked all over this country. But I have to say that health and safety policies this day and age makes going to work a bloody toil. Whilst I appreciate that youngsters entering into the constuction trades need training of the dangers of the enviroment they'll be working in us older fella's are sick and tired of having to go to inductions etc, etc. CSCS cards are a good introduction but I've just done the same exam for the third time why ????????
Common sense needs to be used and safety to suit the individual enviroment worked in, but I'm afraid this day and age this has just so out of hand it's often immpossible to work. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the its always some one else fault culture my friend, but you are correct in waht you say, work overseas and you would see how we are restricted in this country and health and safety in some places just does not exsist. :eek:

Reply to Your input sparkies in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net