Discuss Zafira b central locking problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a zafira b 1.7 ecoflex 61 reg. The problem I am having is the central locking stops working with the fob once the car has powered down. I have to open the drivers door using the key and start it up. Once I have turned the the ignition off and got out the fob will work to lock and unlock the car but after it powers down the fob wont open the car. This has happened now with both my keys. Please can any one help?

Yes they both worked. Changed the batteries. The flip out key stopped about 2 weeks ago so used the spare key but that started doing the same thing today . They both Now only work once I have had them in the ignition. It seems once the car has powered down then they stop working.

Strange that one still worked suggests it wasn’t a problem with the car if you try to open your bootlid with the button before you press the unlock on the key does it work then?

ok There’s three possible problems that I know of the fuses the module that controls the central locking or a broken wire
check fuse number 7 in the engine bay and fuse number 38 in the boot if they are both ok you’ll need to have a look in all the little rubber looms running from the body to the doors that’s a place older zafiras had problems with the wires breaking so it could be the same problem often one door with a broken wire would stop the whole system working

I have a similar problem. Same Zafira b 2008. The car stuttered to a stop while we were travelling. We couldn't get it to start so we got a mechanic. He came and fiddled with the fuses in the hood and boot and concluded it was the fuel pump. He went under and discovered that the cable powering the pump had dislodged, he re-inserted and the car started. just as we were about to take off we discovered that the boot was no longer opening and the central lock was no longer working, apparently from the fuses that had been tampared with.

We have tried all we can with several mechanics, replaced the fuses, connected it to a diagnostic device still no result. The conclusion from the mechanics is that the central lock control unit in the boot had somehow shut itself down and might need to be replaced.

Can this possibly be the problem, can the unit be replaced and would it restore the central lock successfully?

I have a similar problem. Same Zafira b 2008. The car stuttered to a stop while we were travelling. We couldn't get it to start so we got a mechanic. He came and fiddled with the fuses in the hood and boot and concluded it was the fuel pump. He went under and discovered that the cable powering the pump had dislodged, he re-inserted and the car started. just as we were about to take off we discovered that the boot was no longer opening and the central lock was no longer working, apparently from the fuses that had been tampared with.

We have tried all we can with several mechanics, replaced the fuses, connected it to a diagnostic device still no result. The conclusion from the mechanics is that the central lock control unit in the boot had somehow shut itself down and might need to be replaced.

Can this possibly be the problem, can the unit be replaced and would it restore the central lock successfully?
It could be, but it might not be there are multiple reasons why the central locking stopped working it could be coincidence that the unit failed after the work was done

Reply to Zafira b central locking problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net