Discuss Zanussi ZKC6040 new bottom element in top oven tripping RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LeighSawczyn

Hi Peeps,
Had a job where the base element in the top oven had gone on a Zanussi ZKC6040. No problem fitted a new element, swiched on, put hand on the oven base sure enough started getting warm, bosh, job done, thank you very much and see you again!
The next day customer phones to say the RCD was tripping after about 15 minutes after the oven had heated up. It never happened before the old element stopped working. Any ideas, it can't be the insulation as the element is brand new from a reputable stockist. i thought maybe the rear panel was making contact with a live part but then it would trip straight away.
Anyone else experienced this issue?

Tester is away for calibration at the moment but when it gets back obviously I'll have to make the long journey at my expense and investigate. Grrr!!!

Damp in the sand filler in the new element, or, a poor quality part that needs replacing.

Or, poor insulation/bad connections that cause a live part to touch the casing once it gets warm.

i'd suspect the new element if you're sure it's nothing you've done wrong, like live part too close to earthed casing, insulating foil, etc. IR test element when cold. if it reads OK, the heat up till RCD trips and have tester ready to bang on hot element.

Take a spare element and an earth leakage clamp meter with you. Put the clamp meter around the two wires that go to the element simultaneously and monitor the leakage as it heats up. If there's an upward trend of leakage as it gets hotter then just replace it and return it for warranty.

Reply to Zanussi ZKC6040 new bottom element in top oven tripping RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hiya, I have a 5yrs old Zanussi single built in fan oven. It has recently started tripping the RCD at the fuse box. Thinking and researching i...
Replies
Views
A strange small job this afternoon. Stoves oven : another sparks had proclaimed the element was faulty and causing the RCD to trip. Householder...
Replies
Views
Hello, Firstly, I'm aware other people have posted similar topics on this forum, I'm not trying to create a duplicate, but more looking for...
Replies
Views
Q1: I am not far off getting professional in but which professionals and how to find a good one? I have researched and investigated a bit myself...
Replies
Views
I have a 12 year old Neff Oven b1442n0gb who's fan element stopped working. I bought a generic element from amazon (NEFF Fan Oven COOKER ELEMENT...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock