Discuss Zdb testing on busbars in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello All,

New assembly line going in at factory I work at. All single phase assembly stations with lights and sockets or screens and tooling etc.

All our existing lines are supplied via local distribution boards but this new line is having a Zucchini 3 phase overhead busbar installed.

When we installed and tested our current stations, I took a Zdb reading at the distribution board but the busbar system has got me thinking.......would I still need to take a Zdb reading (of sorts) at the busbar tap off box?

If so, this poses me another problem, once the cover is removed, all power is lost from the tap off box (as you would expect) so I am not entirely sure how I would take the reading? Only way I can think of is to keep a tap off box purely for testing with a socket connected to it on a short length of cable which I could them use for taking the Zdb.

Thanks for any advice.

ATB

Chris

Thanks for your reply Rob, that makes complete sense.

I will have to ask the lads installing the busbar for the Zdb reading, it is being connected to an ancient MiniForm board which our landlord refuses to let us anywhere!

No problem with the Zs at the other end.

Thanks again for your help.

ATB

Chris

You must be able to Zs at the busbar connection point and I would have thought any further impedance increase along the section would be negligible.

The only way I can think of taking a Zs reading at the busbar connection point is using the socket on a short cable is mentioned in my original post.

The fuse connections etc within the tap off box are isolated as soon as the cover is opened. I can of course, take Zs at the end of the assembly station circuit and I do this at present when connecting to the distribution boards.

ATB

Chris

Reply to Zdb testing on busbars in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock