Discuss Ze Question. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MEGGER?

Using a Megger 1502, How would I carry out this test on a TT system. I am unsure of lead positions on tester. I am fairly new to electricals being a plumber, but would appreciate anyones help/advice.

Live Test and No Earthing so Extra Care

1 Isolate Supply
2 Disconnect the earthing conductor
3 Set the instrument to loop test
4 If you are using a two-lead instrument the leads should be
connected Black lead to disconnected earth and red to live incomer.
If you are using a three lead which I think the Megger is​
then join black and green test leads together.
5 The measurement obtained is Ze and can be entered on the test
certificates in the appropriate place.
6 Reconnect the Earthing Conductor

A Ze test can only be carried out on an existing earth electrode (i.e, periodic inspections), if you have installed it then you must purchase an earth electrode tester and carry out the procedure according to G3 - 2.7.12.

When testing an earth electrode precautions must be in place as you will be introducing gradient voltages to earth. I would leave this to a qualified electrician with experience in said.

Reply to Ze Question. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I’m just starting to do ev chargers so it’s looks like I need new tester. I currently have Megger 1711. So I can’t do a 6ma rcddc test. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Megger MFT Deals! Upgrade your toolkit with our exclusive offer! Purchase any of the Megger advanced multifunction testers –...
Replies
Views
Refurbishment of dwelling has taken place and the clients insurance company requires a periodic inspection and test to be carried out, A new...
Replies
Views
Fluke MultiFunction Tester 1662 TNS Earthing system. Switchboard - 415v - 3 Phase + Neutral + Earth. MCB 1000A 3 individual Earths (185mm)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock