Discuss Zone 1 under bath tub in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kingston555

Hi all. Just a quick one: are you allowed to run a cable (twin and earth) through the space under a bath tub, which still constitutes zone 1?

It ain't though is it? The area under the bath, assuming that it needs a tool to access, as in this case) is not a zone. It has to be passing through a zone, not the room in general.

It changed when the byb came out its now zone one all the time now
Its not, its outside the zones if it is accessible by using a tool. It's conceivable that it could be clipped direct under the bath, in which case RCD protection not required if the bath has a panel. Not likely to cause a problem anyway?

The requirement is to provide 30mA RCD protection for all circuits of a location containing a bath or shower.
Has sod all to do with being in or outside of zones.
. The OP is talking about a circuit external to the location but passing through it, and outside the zones, so no RCD required.

Reply to Zone 1 under bath tub in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Old two core cable in a lighting circuit with no cpc at any point All points had metal fixtures and fittings class1 At two points the live loop...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Replaced our old 240v hot tub with a new one, which also uses 240v for motors, heater, etc, and 120v for low amp LEDs and touch screen control...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am after some advice please. I am a bathroom fitter and are in the process of installing a jacuzzi bath. All plumbed in and ready to test...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock