Discuss Zone 1 wall light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

aes2011

Hi Guys,

can anyone tell me where I can get hold of decorative wall lights suitable for zone 1? a web site or wholesaler etc.

To be fitted on a tiled wall 2m from shower tray in an en suite.

2m from shower tray is outside of zones.

bathroom_zones.gif

just proves that the anglesey-ans are the irish that couldn't swim...:ciappa::oops::ciappa:

swim???? a true welshman walks on water.at least, barry john could.

I thought for a minute I had stumbled across one of Maciejmarosz's posts lol

Where's the sprite??

With bath, is distance to taps same as speed of water? With Newton physics is inverse square but Einstein say not if stationary on bog seat with have big dump. EINSTEIN WRONG! MAROSZ RIGHT! Water down plughole is vortex of infinite probability, cause Hyundai matrix to collapse to singularity and then can power spacecraft with bog paper and limescale off shower head! Travel to Star Of India on high street for many poppadum!

must have been in nick's plug hole vortex.

So, im assuming know one knows a decent site I can source the fittings I'm looking for?

The diagram you just reposted is out of date, it changed several years ago, there are now only Zones 0, 1 and 2 - find the correct diagram.

I would also add: it is not just deletion of zone 3, there is no zone around a washbasin, only around a bath or shower.

Last edited:
selv? not necessarily. LV, IP44 is acceptable.

The bathroom zones are:
Within the bath or up to 10cm up from FFL (out to 120cm) for a wet room is zone 0
From zone 0 to edge of bath or 120cm out from fixed water outlet for wet room is zone 1
From edge of zone 1 to 60cm out from the bath is zone 2 (no zone 2 for wet room)
Maximum height of zones 1 and 2 is 225cm from FFL.

Anything outside of this and the light would need to be "suitable for the environment".
A light in zone 1 or 2 would need to be IPX4 rated and have no switches.

From what you describe I would search for bathroom wall lights and choose one without a switch.
If you do want one suitable for zone 1 or 2 then choose one that is IPX4 rated or above.

Reply to Zone 1 wall light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net