Discuss Zoning and other trades ......!!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
:sad3::sad3::sad3::sad3:..... crap morning but saved by been prepared, was pad-sawing out a socket box in dot and dab about 1m from a window with a radiator under it, then psssssssssssssss water squirting out, was hot so isolated boiler to drop pressure and bashed out a large section of wall and Alfa tape to the rescue job done with just a top of rad system needed and bleeding of rads.
Now heres my question; do plumbers have to follow zoning regarding pipework buried in walls??? It was plastic 10mm pipe and stubbs on rads went downhill so no indication they would even be there.
Owner was ok about it and saw it wasn't really avoidable but he had his plumber mate in just to check the system and do another plumbing job that was due anyway, the plumber didn't recognise my Alfa tape repair and said hed need to replace section and put in compression glands, after a disagreement i saw the customer was happier with the plumbers choice of method but i know the tape job is a better repair than 2 compression glands buried under plaster but thats another thread all together.

i had a detector it was a called a pad saw, just wish it hadn't found it so quickly :(

I've heard of a 'rule' whereby the plumbers get the first fifth of the ceiling/floor from the wall to run their pipes, then we get the second.
I've not heard of anything for walls, although it would make sense for them to have 'safe zones' like what we does.

I've heard of a 'rule' whereby the plumbers get the first fifth of the ceiling/floor from the wall to run their pipes, then we get the second.
I've not heard of anything for walls, although it would make sense for them to have 'safe zones' like what we does.
Never heard that myself but suppose because it wont kill you its overlooked but ince been told the plumbers have gone bust shame i had to cop for their random pipe installation.

same with gas....!!! i hit a pipe that was located behind the corner angle bend of a chimney breast!! 3-4 mm from surface!

Reply to Zoning and other trades ......!!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock