Discuss zs and Ipf at d/b on schedule of test results in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

crow11

-
Reaction score
hi all just a quick question about the above title,go easy with me if i am missing something obvious here lol, why do you have to put zs at d/b on the eicr(got a copy of part p doctor and on his sample of schedule of test results he as put the ze figure in there and then put ze in brackets at the side of it,if you was to do a zs test at d/b do you just do it at the main switch line in with switch open and then obviously to main cpc bar in d/b, obviously you could expect to get a lower reading than the ze because of parallel paths, and the next 1 Ipf at d/b wouldn't this just be the same as the pfc you put down on the first page of the eicr so why do you have to put it down twice cheers

Your ze may not be at the board, maybe a scenario like fused isolator then to consumer unit, your ze would be at fused isolator and then you would have a db zs at the consumer unit

The reason why Zs is now required to be recorded on the schedule, is because recording a value that has already been recorded, is pointless.
Zs is very likely to be different from Ze.
Also this now allows the schedule to be used where there are multiple Dbs without having to alter the Ze to Zs.

Reply to zs and Ipf at d/b on schedule of test results in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening everyone, I was taught when carrying out Zs testing to test both L-PE and L-N and record the highest result of the two tests for my Zs...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Carrying out a EICR in a commercial setting. In the main intake room the DNO supply comes in and it states clearly this is a PME system. 5 years...
Replies
Views
Hi - just after thoughts on this please. I've been doing some testing on a 20 year old MCC. On the original EIC, Ze was reported as 0.04 R, PFC...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock