Discuss Zs live Testing - does everyone do it? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

scott g

Zs live Testing - does everyone do it?
http://www.------.org/forums/forum/i/icons/arrow.gif Or do you use a calculated Zs instead

i rekon if the r1r2 plus the ze taken at the board is lower than the accepted values for zs then this is a better result to show as it is worst case scenario, it doesnt take into account parallel earths so a live test will always be lower, so if a dead test passes then a live test should do too.

I like to do Zs just to confirm my initial confirmation. It takes 5 seconds to do so why not. I too record the highest value, usualy r1 + r2 +Ze.

well it does prove that the neutral is there, but when testing lights it becomes akward to get all 3 leads in place, i know there are all sorts of wonderful toys to make this easier but i supose its down to personal preferance :)

Only circuit your permitted to do zs reading if you have socket interface is ring/radial socket outlets all other circuits must be cal.

Hey all.

I think the whole "do you measure or calculate Zs" thing has been threaded to death now.

But in answer to your question I always measure Zs and like to compare it with the calculated value to make sure that all is as it should be.

Cheers.

i rekon if the r1r2 plus the ze taken at the board is lower than the accepted values for zs then this is a better result to show as it is worst case scenario, it doesnt take into account parallel earths so a live test will always be lower, so if a dead test passes then a live test should do too.

If live testing is not allowed how do you get a Ze reading at the board :confused:

Reply to Zs live Testing - does everyone do it? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock