Discuss zs result varing when testing garage DB in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

HI
Ive just installed a new board in a garage on 12mtr 6mm 3c swa and when testing im scratching my head
ive got
Ze of .34 at the main db -tested
Zs of .74 at the garage db - tested "sometimes its up and down"
and a R1 + R2 at of the swa as .10
to me this is way out ,does anyone know what the problem could be ?

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
You dead test of 0.10 indicates your earth fault loop impedance test is the issue, are you using the soft test or high current test.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes at the DB it’s a split load with no facility for a mcb only which I would have preferred and put a rcd in the garage

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Could be an accuracy problem due to the low current test, I know I get that a lot.
Could also be a high internal resistance of the RCD so you could try and rule that out first.

D

Deleted member 9648

If the measured reading meets the requirements, Ze and dead tests are as expected then pack your tester away and on to the next one. Life's too short mate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well update on this I changed the leads and got about .10 better result and changed the rcd to a main switch and got .25 at garage dB so I’ve learnt something new about contactum rcds

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to zs result varing when testing garage DB in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom