Currently reading:
External Consumer Unit

Discuss External Consumer Unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good morning guys

Was looking for advice with regards to installing an outdoor consumer unit. Customer is looking for power to be installed from there property to an area in there garden. There installing a future hot tub and summer house and any future lighting and power. They currently have a small log cabin where I was going to situate a 4 or 6 way consumer unit which can feed any future points. My question is would it be best to fit a standard 18th edition metallic board inside a ip Rated cabinet? I've seen online there are ip65 consumer units which are plastic but obviously that wouldn't meet current regs. I'm just wondering if there is any other things to take into consideration with regards to temperatures

Any advice would be appreciated

Also if you live further from the DNO’s step down transformer the Ze will also increase before you have even thought about extending the earthing arrangement. So should also check a previous EICR for the Ze reading at the main head.
Personally, I would take a Ze measurement myself rather than rely on someone else's maybe drive by scrap of paper.

Reply to External Consumer Unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock