Questions and electrical advice in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) - Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public). Chat with other electricians about Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV Systems. This area of the forum is public, if you want the out-of-public area that's access only, then you need to apply for access and prove you're in the trade. For obvious reasons!!.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
S
Hi, Could you please give me some advice - I have the veritas 8 alarm with keypad and today I had to turn the mains off to do some diy work...
Replies
Views
I am looking to sell my business as i am moving away from the industry. Company established in 2018, turnover of £110,000. I carry out all types...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Pyronix Enforcer v9.13 panel. Recently, the panel has been making random alerts (when the system is unarmed) that the bell box...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently wiring 3 new flats and have questions about the door access. Theres one main door to the flats which will have an intercom...
Replies
Views
Hello! I ve been moved into a new house in which my previous owner doesnt remember his code The alarm system is from wisdom group Risco I would...
Replies
Views
Where os the battery backup for the siren? I have ordered a Yale wireless system to replace the current old and faulty Accenta G3. I know that...
Replies
Views
I have an old Optima XM alarm system in my house in which has worked fine for over 20 years. Recently when I was trying to set the alarm to go...
Replies
Views
Hi, need a little help figuring out exactly where each of these wires go… any help appreciated as the old one seems to have packed in! The first...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im an electrician but have been installing the odd alarms for some of my customers too. Used to use the Honeywell Accenta G4 with the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, parents in law have been victims of crime at their home numerous times in the last few years. Last night they had an attempted break in at...
Replies
Views
Looking for some assistance. I installed a cctv system a few months ago. Worked ok to start with but now it’s basically impossible to access live...
Replies
Views
Just after some help If someone knows. Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought when updating the firmware on panels LS1 was the code for the English...
Replies
Views
Just set up a Hikvision NVR and cameras for a customer. All fine except the Hik Connect app says the cameras are offline unless you are connected...
Replies
Views
Hi, Our alarm always has a zone open whenever we set it. The zone consists of two door sensors and three shockguards. Is there a way to work out...
Replies
Views
I looked at an old ESP Entryview 3 Multi system this morning with a faulty monitor unit, doorbell in one flat not working. After connection check...
Replies
Views
Are there any gadgets out there that allow you to replace a standard Bell 801 phone with a wireless phone?
Replies
Views
I am looking for a tool to remove this type of security fixing (see images) does anyone know where this can be purchased from or the type of head...
Replies
Views
Good evening looking for some advice. I have a honeywell galaxy g2 alarm system that i have inherited with a pub I have taken over, I need to do...
Replies
Views
Why are cctv installers in ireland not using LSHF cable in a domestic situation as when wiring Sockets/ LIGHTS rtc Irish regs state thst LSHF...
Replies
Views
I have a DSC POWER832 alarm with an LCD5501Z kepad and I'm 99% sure it's a PC5010 panel. And since I switched from DSL to Verizon FIOS...
Replies
Views
Hi. My mother bought a miguard g5 system a few years ago. It looks like the control panel has given up on her! She has all the sensors around her...
Replies
Views
I’ve long been a Nest advocate and pro-installer but frankly since they got taken over by Google they’ve gone to scat. I’ve three outdoor IQ cams...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking for an installer to faultfind a Fermax Keypad flat access system Newport South Wales. Someone changed the electric entry lock...
Replies
Views
Hello. Wondering if someone could give me some advice on my Veritas alarm. I recently had an extended power cut, when the power was...
Replies
Views
Hi. My property is 25 years old. It has the original Fire Angel mains interlinked smoke detectors. One on the ground floor passage and one...
Replies
Views
J
Hi guys, Just after a bit of advice. We are trying to connect a velux smoke vent system (kfx100) to a Fike twin flexor fire alarm system. I've...
Replies
Views
hello all, I have a Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 burglar installed in my home (about 9 years old). Recently I got a Battery Miss fault showing on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking for some firmware files for the Menvier 40 Panel. I am aware of the scantrionic website, and have downloaded the BIN file...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a abacus panel I want to put new bell box in It’s a Texecom premier odyssey 1e. Can anyone please help has anyone got...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m a relatively new spark and have avoided installing wired security alarms instead opting for wireless systems for customers. I have a...
Replies
Views
Currently pricing a rewire for a two bed terraced house and just wondered on people thoughts on fire detection. I am going to install mains...
Replies
Views
Any advice on how I can get hold of the engineer's manual for an old Regalsafe RS64 engineer's manual. The external siren stopped working, but the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would like to upgrade our existing, wired, burglar alarm system for smart alarm system. We don't use it as the cat keeps setting it off...
Replies
Views
I had 3 Uniview cameras (POE) and a NVR installed a couple of months ago by a local electrician, last job before the lockdown. I had planned to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have just set up a WiFi CCTV camera (SimShine Alloy 1S) which appears to be working as it should - very good image and sound quality...
Replies
Views
Replaced old twin wire fire alarm system due to age and false alarms. Even with the new panel still getting false alarms and cabling is not the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all I have come on here in hope for some advice if possible. Yesterday my wife was at home with my three children when she smelt a strong...
Replies
Views
Got a couple of jobs to price up, for mates really. I have some experience with CCTV, but I don’t do it regularly. Looking at Hikvision, IP, 4...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Our door access is being upgraded to Paxton Net2 soon. We are also looking at electronic time and attendance hardware that can integrate...
Replies
Views
Hi It's a panel I fitted myself circa 20yrs ago on a private rented property Fire condition on zone 1 , 3 zones in use No indicators lit on...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question