Discuss CCTV cameras outside in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

MalcolmS

DIY
Reaction score
Hi All,
I want to install two PoE cameras under the roof outside.
But I don't know how to run a cable, drill through the wall or through the PVC window?
I also thought about using a flat Cat5 cable and just run it through the window.
What would you do?
Best

I also thought about using a flat Cat5 cable and just run it through the window.
What would you do
trying to work out a route is always better ,has for using cat 5
even better ,how ever try put through the window (glass) i would not recommend it , how ever would recommend a spark or some person that installs cctv.

Also get UV resistant outdoor CAT-5 (or 6) cable, or put it in some trunking to keep the sun off it. Here are some examples:

Anyone used wireless cameras as CCTV, obviously battery powered, but how long does the battery last, or can you get sola powered ones.
I would say if you can possibly put in PoE cabling you will have a far more reliable system (subject to backup power for the PoE switch of course, but probably that would apply to any wireless system's router & recorder as well).

Reply to CCTV cameras outside in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My FIL wants a cctv system at his house, and normally i would just go with whatever kit was on offer at the time from t'internet. My own system...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Home Security: Using Floodlights, CCTV, and Door Entry Systems In an era where technology is advancing rapidly, home security has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a DIY'er looking to build a 6x8 shed in my backyard in Colorado. I'm installing a gravel pad first, with 4 concrete Sonotube...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Iam currently studying for my level 1 electric installation . Which btw I am loving. I've always been decent with DIY. But also I have...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m going to install a hard wired 230v security camera, incorporating floodlights, outside and above garage door onto brick. An exposed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock