Questions and electrical advice in the Electrical Engineering Chat - A forum for electrical engineers, electrical engineering students, and those who have been electrical engineers for a while. ;) - Chat electricals and electrics on ElectriciansForums.net :).

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
  • Question
My first post after extensive Googling. I'm qualified as an elctronics engineer (retired) Posting this question here in hopes that an enquiring...
Replies
Views
I"m a student learning motor controls and created a challenge for myself but am stuck. Here is the challenge: Challenge 1 A) Using a blower...
Replies
Views
Few days ago, I bought a solar panel. It's rating was 6v and 450 mA. But when I measured with my multimeter, It shows around 5.25v to 5.85v and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am building an alternator of my own. I have found that by putting 6 points around my magnets crates an insanely larger amount of electricity...
Replies
Views
So, for a bit of completely pointless fun really, does this antique looking item that was acquired entirely for novelty/aesthetics value work...
Replies
Views
This is for my speech. Hello my name is Tyson. I am gonna ask you a few questions. What are your thoughts about the job? Is this job challenging...
Replies
Views
I have an interesting job/project coming up - a heritage railway has a Mk3 Sleeper Railway Carriage which they intend to use for volunteer...
Replies
Views
Hi First time poster, I have a 250w solar panel and a 90ah 12v battery. What size regulator / controller do I need please? Is it as simple as...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I recently started the HNC in electrical and electronic engineering in online learning through teeside university. Im hoping someone on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anyone in here done HNC Engineering design module?
Replies
Views
Got an emergency call out from a very worried old lady the other night - the power at her apartment had gone off and the kitchen light was...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone ? It's totally confusing for me. It is my understanding that the neutral and the ground busbars should be connected at the main...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am here looking to ask some electrical engineers some questions and I am wondering if anyone is interested in answering them for my paper?
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I have 10W solar panel, a 7000 mah battery and 10A charge controller. there is 7 hours of light a day i have 3W little camera which...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to make a short pulse generator from any pulse input. By this I mean I want a final output with a fixed pulse width no matter...
Replies
Views
Hi guys looking for some guidance ,i am assisting with the renovation of an old building that contains a commercial kitchen and restaurant the...
Replies
Views
Hi, All I have a megger LTW325 and fluke 1664FC to measure loop impedance by using high current mode. But both results are quite different...
Replies
Views
Hi, With regards to installation methods on Amtech, I have a question regarding cable ducts. I believe amtech assumes cable ducts buried in soil...
Replies
Views
On a recent EICR i have measured 0.589 MegOhms (@250 volts) on the relatively old lighting circuit (red/black PVC wiring) , i have replaced both...
Replies
Views
trying to design a circuit where in one moment (T=1) a RF signal is sent through one antenna (A1) and multiple other antennas (A2-A8) receive this...
Replies
Views
Dear Members, My name is Abdulhakim am from kenya, i work with an electrical company by name Link-up Power Engineers dealing with industrial...
Replies
Views
I just finished the NFPA70E 2021 online training. As far as I understand it the NFPA 70E is OSHA compliant but, I feel like the guidance between...
Replies
Views
I did a VLF and IR test on my 33kv cable and IR resulted between 80 to 100Mega Ohms on all the phases and VLF between 0.270 to 0.470mA is the cable ok
Replies
Views
Hello, I was put on to this site by someone from reddit so sorry if i'm posting in the wrong place. Unfortunately I (24yo male in Norfolk, UK) was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Interested in the breaking capacity of this fuse... 4kA? Anyone know for sure? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have woken up after one of the RCDs tripped in my house. I have managed to figure out that it is a plug socket in my kitchen that is tripping...
Replies
Views
Took a swa cable to an outside metal shed, earthed at house end but insulated at shed end. Installed earth rods and got reading of 58ohm . all...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have an exam coming up shortly. Would anyone have a sample paper. It's the electrical and electronic diploma, unit 308. It's a written...
Replies
Views
I am using a 3 phase 4 wire surge suppressor on a single phase 240V mains. Is it still okay or will it have some back feed impact on the mains system?
Replies
Views
The 232 protocol command of AMX's NP-Rel8 relay has to hit the enter key at the end, which command can I use instead of it. Now this central...
Replies
Views
Hi I am reconfiguring a hot wash unit and need to use a flow switch as in attached files. It controls a light powered relay and timer module I...
Replies
Views
Was called to a lighting fault yesterday, the lounge light would sometimes switch off when another light was switched on, easy I thought a loose...
Replies
Views
Bit of a random question but I’ve got a practice reason for asking. I know with a lot of control circuit timers and relays they state on them what...
Replies
Views
Im making a led array out of 8 100 watt led's and I want to put something in between my battery pack and the array that can adjust the voltage...
Replies
Views
I was asked to "just fit a bigger breaker" by a plumber who had installed an electric shower for a customer. Bit surprised he hadn't finished the...
Replies
Views
Can someone explain to me please how a substation converts high voltage three wire to low voltage 4 wire?
Replies
Views
Apologies from a newbie if this is in the wrong place. A contractor is going to trace all underground utilities in an area, including electrical...
Replies
Views
Not getting continuity on r1, rn and r2. But the sockets are working fine, Amy ideas what the issue could be, I'm checking behind each socket.
Replies
Views
Hello, I know that for 4-20ma transmitters twisted pair cable should be used with the screen grounded at one end only. However for digital signals...
Replies
Views
We have a drawing that shows a solenoid valve panel( containing approx 40 valves) being powered from an adjacent control panel by a 24vDc PSU...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question