Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks that really helps, I'm not really interested in learning new just need to get the modules completed in something I'm used to.
I may look at digital & analog circuits as well.

Cheers...

hi guys...
just a quick one... if you had to pick PLC or DCS which would you do,,, am stuck between them.
i was going to ask if i could do one as an extra after if i could

Mattyh3,

i got more out of the PLC's module than the DCS but the DCS module was easier and smaller. If i was you i would do what i did and look at the learning material in blackboard for each module and then decide. Even though i ended up doing both.

stu

Great thread guys, i opted to go back to college after 20odd years since my apprenticeship, nearly went on the hnc electrical and electronic engineering, glad i never ive just finished my first year of the btec level 3 engineering, not really had a problem but im glad i went this route before tackling the hnc :rockon2:

Well how are all the lads doing? justadaftspark/livewire etc?

I'm trying to bore through EEP TMA4 and once I finish it thats me half way through with only Project and 3 elective modules to do :)

I'm now about to attempt EEP 4 TMA. Looks tough! I've completed the PLC module now that was really enjoyable.
Once I've completed EEP4 I will be half way as well! Just glad i've managed two modules this year though. :shades_smile:

Still stuck on AME, how do the assessments go with these, I have had a lot of help, and am panicking

Hi There

I have just finished AME, handed in the last TMA yesterday.
Do you have the book "Higher Engineering Mathematics" by John Bird?
I found the book invaluable while doing the TMAs.
For the Calculus part this online calculator is just brilliant:
Calculus Calculator - Symbolab

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sparkcity, have you sent your ladsim back? I've been waiting ages to finish PLC's and the college is saying that they only have 20 units and people dont send them back. Did you have to wait long for your Ladsim to come?

stu

Sparkcity, have you sent your ladsim back? I've been waiting ages to finish PLC's and the college is saying that they only have 20 units and people dont send them back. Did you have to wait long for your Ladsim to come?

stu

Hi Stu, sorry for the delay in replying, I sent my ladsim back about 4 weeks ago. I only completed two exercises, would of liked to do more but needed to pass module before July. I waited for a few weeks to get it though. I really liked the plc module. Now on last two questions of tma4 of EEP! Not good! What other modules have you completed?

cheers :stooge_curly:

I've only done engineering science, DCS, PLC's and project through tees, had previous modules credited from last college. I'm still waiting on ladsim but really busy at work so not that bothered, nearly finished the project module, so almost completed the course:grin:

I've only done engineering science, DCS, PLC's and project through tees, had previous modules credited from last college. I'm still waiting on ladsim but really busy at work so not that bothered, nearly finished the project module, so almost completed the course:grin:
Hi, what's the project module like? What did you do your project on?

I did it on a project that i did at work(power station) last year, just putting in a thermocouple into a system to calculate a delta temp across a cooler. It had to be installed to the DCS and i had to complete an engineering change process at work sticking to time and budget limitations. I haven't quite finished the paperwork side of the tees project module but i'm getting there. The module seems okay as long as you are used to doing projects.

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net