Discuss Research interview questions - advice on Wireless Charging in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Power transmissions over long distance would worry me especially in the confines of my home, IMO I think this is a solution looking for a problem.

You said "power transmission over long distance already exists and has for years", then stated several examples of very short range inductive methods.

Long range WPT methods specifically utilise LASER, microwave, resonant-magnetism for e.g satellite applications.

I don't really know what you're getting at, power transmission over long distance HAS been around for a long time.

You then go on to quote Long range WPT methods.

I don't really know what you're getting at, power transmission over long distance HAS been around for a long time.

You then go on to quote Long range WPT methods.

The question was regarding a short-range scenario. WPT over long distance isn't very useful because they tend to use radiative/resonant technologies e.g power-beam/LRLPs . Since you then went on to list some short-range tech (i.e inductive coupling rather than far-field methods, magnetic resonant coupling, for example) underneath 'long distance', I thought it could possibly become confusing for OP.

Last edited:
The question was regarding a short-range scenario. WPT over long distance isn't very useful because they tend to use radiative/resonant technologies e.g power-beam/LRLPs . Since you then went on to list some short-range tech (i.e inductive coupling rather than far-field methods, magnetic resonant coupling, for example) underneath 'long distance', I thought it could possibly become confusing for OP.

OP hasn't been on here for 2 months so I wouldn't worry too much.

OP hasn't been on here for 2 months so I wouldn't worry too much.
It's an interesting topic though. Wikipedia has a comprehensive article on wireless power, which includes the story that Tesla started to build a 'wireless' power station in 1901 (which unfortunately never came to fruition). 120 years on and we're still working on it 🤔
IMG_0489.jpeg

Reply to Research interview questions - advice on Wireless Charging in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net