Discuss Issues with Socomec Diris A20 Smartmeters in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am working at a site with around 100 of these meters installed on various loads. Doing an audit, we found that most of the meters were recording current exactly as our clampmeters showed (we used two, just to ensure some confidence in our manual readings). Some of the meters though showed variations of around 15-20% on some phases only. Occasionally, one or two phases would be accurate and one or two would be out by this amount.

We checked everything; the CT ratios, the programmed ratios, the CT and voltage reference wiring arrangement.

Additionally we would get Error codes 1 through 6 even though we could clearly see that the current and voltage references were correct.

Most of these are fairly new meters. The only contributing factor I can think of is that this large site occasionally gets voltage spikes - there is a possibility that some of the meters might have been damaged during such as spike; I would have thought though that this would just destroy the meter if it did any damage at all.

Has anyone else had the same experience with these meters?

TL;DR
Having problems with relatively new Socomec Diris A20 meters giving current variations to manual checks.
some clamp meters do not record correctly when the loads are high frequency switching such as variable speed motors and some light fittings.

Thanks James. These are retail units which do have quite a large number of light fittings in but all LED, not much in the way of inductive loads.

I have since spoken to Socomec who tell me that for loads less than 20A, the test features are not likely to work properly... :-/

Reply to Issues with Socomec Diris A20 Smartmeters in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net