Discuss Veritas R8 6 beeps unset in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Requesting your help please! I know this is an old system but has been working amazingly for 7 years!

I had an engineer out who done a reset apparently however it hasn’t cured my fault!

When the system is not activated the main control box beeps every 30 minutes or so three times, twice. So a total of three beeps. The engineer admitted he’s not experienced with this alarm and is now unable to help.

The system allows me to set it however neighbours state the alarm goes off randomly through the day.

Any suggestions please? 🙏

Hi all,

Requesting your help please! I know this is an old system but has been working amazingly for 7 years!

I had an engineer out who done a reset apparently however it hasn’t cured my fault!

When the system is not activated the main control box beeps every 30 minutes or so three times, twice. So a total of three beeps. The engineer admitted he’s not experienced with this alarm and is now unable to help.

The system allows me to set it however neighbours state the alarm goes off randomly through the day.

Any suggestions please? 🙏
Has the battery and supply been tested
Along with the bell box.

You could try disconnecting the mains supply and see how the system reacts, it would give an indication that the battery is good.

Has the battery and supply been tested
Along with the bell box.

You could try disconnecting the mains supply and see how the system reacts, it would give an indication that the battery is good.
Hi bud,

Mains supply was tested and he had a voltmeter on the battery said it was fine at 13.1v

He didn’t have a look at the bell box? Is there a battery in that too?

Thank you for your fast reply!

Hi bud,

Mains supply was tested and he had a voltmeter on the battery said it was fine at 13.1v

He didn’t have a look at the bell box? Is there a battery in that too?

Thank you for your fast reply!
If you disconnect both mains and the battery, the alarm box should go off if it has its own internal battery (SAB) self activating bell)

The battery hasn't been tested under any sort of load you can do that by disconnecting the mains to see if everything holds up for about 20 mins.

If you disconnect both mains and the battery, the alarm box should go off if it has its own internal battery (SAB) self activating bell)

The battery hasn't been tested under any sort of load you can do that by disconnecting the mains to see if everything holds up for about 20 mins.
I have just tried that and with the battery off and then the fuse pulled the bell outside done one really quick loud beep and that was it.

I shall kill the power on the main fuse board so it runs off the battery and sees what happens!

I looked everywhere for a code to tell me what the beeps meant but couldn’t find anything!

Thank you so much for your help!

Reply to Veritas R8 6 beeps unset in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net