Discuss Recommended home CCTV system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an elderly client who is moving into a new house and she wants "All want really is a security system where I can see whose around outside, nothing fancy and complicated", can be a combination of ired, solar or battery. In reality she will want remote access and storge, local or cloud.

We've looked at Ring, Eufy and Arlo Security, but all get bad review for one reason or another.

I'd appreciate any advice on robust systems, with good quality imaging, with good support from the manufacturers and is easy for the client to use.

Tony.

Tapo are very good cameras. Loads of features and good prices. £80 gets you a camera with local storage, and then cloud if you want for a modest fee (ie not Ring prices!).

Wi fi or wired ethernet.

I have no links to the company but I have used their camera, and I know several others who have.

We bought a Blink system (like a cheap Ring system, and also from Amazon) before going out of the country for indoors and out and it's reasonably good for the price, well supported, trivial to setup, and wireless. With a cheap enough ongoing subscription if video storage is needed. Depending on the urgency, waiting for the usual Amazon sales for their own products meaning saving a few bob.

RING..Ok the cost per month has just gone up... But for simplicity (as long as she has a smart phone ) they are the best bet .Also super quick to set up/install and easy to move around when required

RING..Ok the cost per month has just gone up... But for simplicity (as long as she has a smart phone ) they are the best bet .Also super quick to set up/install and easy to move around when required

Tapo are much more flexible and cheaper. People get caught up in the Ring marketing hype

After trying them all over the years I've settled on Tapo (TP-Link) Good software, remote viewing without subscription, consistently their products, routers, cameras all just just work well.

Reply to Recommended home CCTV system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net